Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I asked the same question on another site and the prices appear to be much the same as last year. However when I was there last year the rate was around 2.9YTL just now the rate is only about 2.6YTL so pehaps slightly more expensive.

Has anyone on here been to Turkey this year and can confirm
my mother lives there and she said prices are slightly higher than last year when i asked her the other week
hi we returned yesterday some prices are higher than last august .eating out still reasonable in most places.drink about the same as here.prices in the markets andshops have gone up they will not barter as much,but the fake designer copies are still cheaperthan the real think at home.iclmer market was the best place for the bargains sue
could someone put prices instead of just saying its dearer or cheaper than last year please for the people who dont know last years prices.
many thanks
Everything will be cheaper from the supermarket (Tansas)

Sliced bread for toasting...................2lira
cobs are a lot cheaper
1litre semi skimmed milk..................2lira
5 litre bottled water..........................2lira
Chicken breast meal.........................14lira
steak meal.......................................18lira
breakfasts from................................2.5lira
cup of coffee....................................2.5lira
large EFES.....anything from 90pence a pint to 3-4lira a pint
short and mixer................................8lira
Coke......................................3-4lira

These prices are based on last year except for the efes.
Last year we were getting more YTL to the £ so this year I dont think prices will go up because the Lira is stronger against the £.

Last year at the time of posting we were getting 285 YTL to the £
Today we are getting about 265 YTL to the £
That makes food etc roughly 7% dearer this year than last without a price rise.

Gene
ps

I cannot see there being any significant price rises in the prices from last year,but the prices I have quoted are what I paid in the resort of Icmeler last year.
Resorts will vary as does one supermarket to the next it is just to give people a rough idea what to expect.
İ`m postıng thıs from the Dream 3 bells ın İmeler. At the moment the prıces aren`t too bad.

Large Efes......2 1/2 to 4 lıra
Local spırıt wıth mıxer ......5 - 7 lıra
3 course meal wıth choıce of menu from 18 lıra
3 course wıth chıcken as maın from 15 lıra
boat trıp.....£10
soft drınk...3 lıra

So the prıces arent too bad at all. The Taj Mahals ın Marmaris and ıcmeler do a set 3 course menu wıth wıne for 32 lıra pp.

Anyway I`m off back to the pool. I hope you all enjoy your hols as much as I am.
10 quid for boat trip :shock: we payed last year for 6 of us 21 quid with dinner and 6 stops, mind we did go down there on the morning and not prebooked it always a lot cheaper if you go to boats on morning you want to go out cos they all want you on there boat so they give you cheap prices usualy about 5 quid each with kids going free well thats in altinkum not sure of anywere else jojoxx
Hi Zog
What is the current exchange rate out there?
10 days to go and counting :D
thanks
Tracey
we only paid £12 all inclusive
i wonder if anybody nos cost this year in icmeler
Hi jcarey,

Zog was posting from Icmeler today.

Elaine
todays exchange rate 2.58 ytl to 1 gbp
Yeah the exchange rate ıs about 2.58 and the boat trıp I mentıoned ıncluded breakfast, lunch, and all drınks. Weather was a bıt ıffy yesterday, cloudy and wındy and today ıs much the same. the locals reckon it wıll clear up tomorrow. Sorry about the typos ın my posts, I cant get used to thıs Turkish keyboard. Oh by the way, İ can highly recommend the food ın the Dream 3 bells and also the fırst moon which used to be the old Lıon bar.
Thanks for that maverick and zog.
We are just going to buy enough lira to last us the first day or so, best rate I can get here to buy a small amount from the shop is 2.49 at Thomson.
I think we ate at the Dream 3 bells last year when we went to Icmeler for the evening - the kids were on the MSN on the computer there all night!
Hope the weather picks up soon!
9 days to go :D
Regards
Tracey
We were getting 2.55 to the pound in Bitez. Did see a couple of places with 2.60 at the beginning of the week.
Hi I have just returned from marmaris yesterday and i was very dissapointed with the prices. I only took £100 in turkish money with me as i was expecting a much better rate in marmaris. I got 2.55 lira to the pound from the post office in uk. In Marmaris the best rate i got was 2.54 and some places were only giving 2.51!!!! (1lira=approx 40pence)
I found lots of places very expensive to previously when i was there.Breakfast 5 lira or more (£2) without a cup of tea
Efes was between 3 & 5 lira (£1.20 - £2)
A pizza was 15 lira or more (£6)
Sunday lunch was 18 lira (£7.20)
I paid £10 for steak and chips and a bottle of water !!!
Marmaris is not a cheap place for a holiday anymore. Iwas charged 11 lira (£4.40) for a jacket potato and a can of fanta on the beach front. I won't be going back.
Sue that is so sad. Maybe it is just the places you chose to eat at? I know Armutalan area is cheaper than beach front. This year i am determined to try the places the Turkish people choose to eat at. They always seem much cheaper and food sounds lovely
we are going to marmaris in july.is it expensive then to eat out .we were told it was very cheap.also are we beter changing our money here before we go .we are staying at the club alize for 2 wks
just a quickie to say that i don't personally think that £1.20 to £2.00 is expensive for a beer when i stayed in Brighton last week and was paying on average £2.80 to £3.10 for a pint.
We had a fab meal for two at Gumusluk on 12 May.
Seafood starters, fillet steaks & one pudding divided between 2 & coffee & bottled water & bread, all in a very romantic setting. £30 our money, including the service charge.

You wouldn't get a meal like that, steps from the sea in a similar restaurant in the UK for anything near that money (or Greece).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.