Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I deal with jewellery workshop in marmaris ,where i can get hand made jewellry made to my own design and specifications ,by armenian guys in their early twenties ,they can make hand crafted pendants with any likeness you want ,not by computers or lasers ,but by their own hands and skill , Thats just one example of what these guys can do ,the stuff they can make would cost a fortune here .I have had rings, pendants,earings, braclettes ,bangles and yes if it is any sort of quantity i pay the duty on it.

Bluepeterno1
they definitely melt it down as thats what the told me they were going to do and hence at that time not wanting any gemstones like the sapphires i had, this might be due to it being out of season. all the jewellery shops offered to part exchange the gold for something else but i found a shop buying it direct and it also did currency exchange they gave me more money so i changed it there
will the jewellers in the olu deniz area also buy old and broken items as we are going there in six weeks and i have afew item i could take.I have not bought any jewellery on the last two visit but i would like anew ring this time. sue
sue ive always been offered part exchange for my old jewellery where ever ive been in turkey, but dont take the first jewellers word for it get a few quotes. you might be better off getting a price in hisaronu rather than olu deniz, so have a good shop around
Hi

Its not just jewellers that buy gold. I sold mine at a money exchange office in Icmeler last year.
The reason gold here is bought for scrap value at very close to market value is that the Turkish jewellers dont pay VAT and work to much tighter margins that the UK. Ä°f you want to know gold prices they are in the Turkish papers every day and for both buying and selling the closer you get to the quoted figure the better deal you will get.

Personally I wouldnt buy at the prices gold is now.
I do not really worry about the price of gold in turkey .I buy because of the uniqueness of the pieces i can buy both over the counter and made for me .You do not have as much choice in this country and if you have anything made it costs a fortune.

Bluepeterno1
Off to Olu in Sept and am thinking of buying the boss something nice whilst out there. Looking for quality and service and a reasonable price. Suggestions in Olu and Hisaronu welcomed.
bryn wrote:
The reason gold here is bought for scrap value at very close to market value is that the Turkish jewellers dont pay VAT and work to much tighter margins that the UK. Ä°f you want to know gold prices they are in the Turkish papers every day and for both buying and selling the closer you get to the quoted figure the better deal you will get.

Personally I wouldnt buy at the prices gold is now.

Hi Bryn do you have any links to the Turkish newspapers. I found some papers but cant seem to locate the gold prices.
Hi 15fototfi ,have a wee look on this link you may have to register to get all the information,look under business ,the gold prices are sometimes reported there .

Bluepeterno1
http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/
Nope sorry Bryn have not got a clue what all that means
Thanks ever some much for trying to help
It gives you the price of gold in the bottom right hand corner of bryns link.
OK on the link look for the box thats says

ALTIN VERÄ°LERÄ°

and in there it gives ytl/gr and a figure currently 40 ytl/gram

Thats the price here for 24 carat dont forget 14 ct is going to be less.
Please could any of you in the know advise me as to if white gold is extensively available in Turkey ?

Thanks, Doe
yes chris white gold is available in turkey, my turkish wedding ring is white and yellow gold
Can anyone advise me of any good jewellers in Marmaris or Icmiler for gold as I would like to buy my g/friend her birthday present as it is her birthday whilst we are there.
I was talking to someone a few days ago and they where saying not to get it stamped or something and also to get a certificate. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
Go to Firuze Jewellers in Ichmeler, near Mudurno chicken.

Murat and Sona will be able to help you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.