Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
sorry simons diamonds is in icmeler......Gavin.. :wave:
ps114
If you go to the marina in marmaris just at the start you will see a street which enters the bazzar , about ten yards in you will see a mosque straight across from it is a jewellers called .Fuat Jewellery,The guys name is Seval ,tell him the scottish guy who gets the masonic jewellery made reccomended you and was asking for him. The gold in turkey is mostly 14 carat and is stamped with a number ,dont take it if is not stamped ,barter over the price and ask for a certificate which will have the weight description price and the name of the jeweller ,who will sign it .Dont be afraid to barter it is expected and you will find this man will give you a really good deal ,had loads of stuff from him and delighted with everything. Apart from the stuff he has in stock ,he will be able to make anything you want to your own design.

Bluepeterno1
Cheers for the advice everyone. :tup much appreciated.
My friend last year bought a beautiful large emerald and bagguette diamond ring knocked down to £1,800 within a month of comming home a diamond fell out!we all went back this year took it back,no problem they said,2 days later all repaired,overnight diamond fell out again!!took it back again,this time she waited about 3 days and the shop decided to replace the ring,anyway within a couple of days of arriving home,a diamond has come out again!!,she is gutted!! again for nearly 12 months she cant wear it,we are all booked again for next June so once again another trip to the jewellers!!this time she is going to ask for her money back in all fairness they did offer her that this year,the jewellers was on the front close to the entrance to the marina.
Hope they get money back, to be fair it sounds like the jewlellers could not do anymore for the people who bought the item off them.
could anyone tell me what the prices of gold chains are in marmaris want to get my son one
it will all depend on the type of chain, and of course the weight? ;)
Hi there is a topic somewhere about gold in turkey with lots of information,try the search ,or maybe the mods will merge them.

Bluepeterno1
Hope this is the one Bluepeterno1 :)
kath x
Thanks Kath :wave: ,there is also quite a bit of info on the link below .

Bluepeterno1

Merged - Kath
Think it would be handy if someone could post what would be a reasonable cost for gold in Turkey - hard to price but at least a price per gram would be handy for say a gold chain/ white gold chain?

I know I bought a chain many years ago in Marmaris. I was never really sure how much it should have been, but I did get it valued back home and it was valued at twice the price I paid so I was chuffed. More luck though and based on a very honest shop.

I wouldnt have a clue how much to pay for a chain now though as a gift out there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.