Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
prices
4 Posts
Hi,
We're off in just over a week, staying on the North Coast & have booked the Pilli Pipa day trip direct with them for dolphin swimming / snorkelling. The price is £90 each & includes the following:
pick up & return to our hotel
all snorkelling equipment - fins, masks etc
lunch with soft drinks & beer & wine
snacks & soft drinks on board the dhow there & back
all marine park fees
They have arranged to meet us at our hotel & we can pay when we get there

I can't help with the deep sea fishing unfortunately, but I would say book with someone responsible, as a 19 year old British tourist drowned out there recently after agreeing to do a fishing trip in an unsuitable boat.

The other things we're planning to do are:
3 day 2 night air safari to the Masai Mara - £649 each
Day trip to Haller Park to hand feed the giraffes
Visiting an orphanage to take food etc for the children
Day trip to the wood carving workshop for presents
Possible trip to Mombasa Old Town

Hope this helps & have a great holiday :)
Ang
You can find the trips and their prices as offered by Thomson here.
We travel with Cosmos on Monday, from Gatwick - but I can't find their trips on-line...

I've found safari excursions at about the same price , or a little less with local operators in Diani, but this will be a private vehicle for just 2 people and the trip can be customised to our preferences. Less again if there are a couple more. I won't recommend the company I'm in contact with until we've met/used them next week. Google (or other search engine) for safaris in Diani and you'll find various on-line recommendations (for JT, Ekea, Freddy, Julius... etc, plenty).

The deep sea game fishing is quite expensive - couple of hundred pounds or more..!
As above, I've arranged for someone from PilliPipa to meet me in the hotel to book a trip to Wasini (I'll be Scuba diving with them too).
thanks for the tips we had decided to got to haller park as my mum has been there this holiday is our once in a lifetime holiday and our kids final big holiday so we are trying to do as much as we can deep sea fishing (marlin) has always been a dream to me and my 14 yr old lad and for my wife and 16 yr old daughter swimming with dolphins has been their dream (and i quite fancy it too) a weeks safari has been paid for now we are hopefully saving around £1500 for trips and carvings and a good camera i'm getting so excited now but its still 5 mths away :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.