Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Lisa, Ocean Heights, although rather ugly from the outside are ok inside ( I used to live there lol) the rental rates aren't too bad, also Goveners rooms on Goveners Street don't know what they are like inside. Take a look at both

http://www.gib.gi/herald

http://www.gibc.gi

Or email the tourist board tourism@gibraltar.gi

Linda.
Hi Linda,

Thanx v much.

i've emailed Ocean Heights twice but with no reply. i'll try the other one tho.

You won't know of any private rental properties???

Lisa
Would you consider la linea - on the border with Gibraltar (Spanish side?). You might find rentalopportunities there at 1/2 the price of Gibraltar.

Nivsy
hi Nivsy,

how far away is La Linea? i did look at that but thought it was a bit too far.
My Uncle Lives in Gib and we were going to visit him so we can't be too far away.

Lisa
Lisa,

La Linea is fairly compact - nice apartments along the front looking out over the Gib Rock. The walk to the border can be under 10 minutes and regular buses run around the rock from the bus stops less than 2 minutes walk from the border (opposite Gibraltar Airport).

The Bristol Hotel in Gib does offer some reasonable prices on ocassions - but maybe you would be happy enough in la linea.......just making sure apartment etc is within that easy walk to the border. La Linea its self has improved a lot over the past few years and has a great choice of reasonable priced Tapas Bars and other food choices. The Iberostar Hotel may also be worth a look. It is only a year or so old and is good and from there you can walk to Gibraltar in under 10 minutes. Check the Iberostar website for information.

Hope that helps.

Nivsy
Gibraltar is a small place than can be seen fairly quickly, unless you have other business.
type gibraltar holiday rentals into google.

A page will come up look for "holiday rentals /home and away" / gibraltar. There are only about 9 on that site Also Jade holidays gibraltar -is Eurotowers Self catering is really in short supply. I send emails on the sites to all.
Happy hunting , i am still looking. I am looking for Campo De Gibraltar the area around about now , cheaper , but you need a car.

The hotels. Beware of the cheap ones !!

I did not get a reply from tourist info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.