Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
PROTARAS
479 Posts
Thanks Tekki,
Would you be able to find out if you can upgrade to AI drinks option for me please.

I think they'll be stepping up security again at all airports. What is this country coming too. :cry:
yeah no problem, I will ask and see if its an option - are you HB already?
Yes we are but will probably have a few meals out too.
Cazz. xx
you wont get a lot of activities h/b or s/c! rising star is ok if you stay there all the time and use the yianna marie n rising sun (maviricos likes to keep his money in his places lol)
We have been going to Vangelis for several years now. It is very central and across road from beach. Airtours do daily entertainment for all the family. You can upgrade to B+B, HB or AI when you get there for as few or as many days as you want but quite honestly there are so many good restaurants /supermarkets on your doorstep I wouldn't bother. We book accommodation only through Olympic and then get schedule flights and a taxi - it actually works out cheaper for us than a package for what we get! It is also sold by Direct Holidays, Airtours, Olympic as a package and possibly First Choice and Libra. Rising Star are only sold by Airtours, Direct Holidays, My Travel Group. Have been in them but not stayed there and they are lovely. They are in a fantastic spot beside the beach and about 300m easy walk from main street. The Airtours entertainment team that were there have won awards. The Sunrise Beach Hotel is right on one of the best bits of beach and across the road from Vangelis. Have a great holiday. I'm sure you'll love it.
Thanks snowflake, thats a great help. If we went self catering say, how much do you reckon we should take in english money for a fortnight. I heard pretty expensive!?
It has gone up in price over the years but in my opinion you get far more value for money than in Balearics or Portugal for example. We now go in October and some things such as Happy Hours and boat trips are a bit cheaper than summer. However about £250/£300 per person for 2 weeks would get you some very nice meals out including fillet steaks and drinks. We tend to have breakfast and lunch in the apartment and eat out every night followed by bars. This would also cover ice creams, mini golf, boat trips etc. However, you can eat out a lot cheaper and lots of places have set price menus. A lot depends on whether you eat out or in and how much drink you want! Hope this helps as it is difficult to know how others like to spend their holiday.
For 2 weeks we usually spend £1000 Cyp (about £1250) between the two of us. Although I do get very thirsty and we bring fags back too.

Richie.
Better start saving now! kids always like the ice creams and pop. Dont know if we would benefit from all incl. Dont fancy being tied to hotel all day and night for two weeks. Thanks for your inputs - much appreciated.
In my opinion there are too many lovely restuarants to try so now that the kids area a bit bigger (12 and 8) we go self catering.
See my post re Sunrise. I went B&B with First Choice. No complaints whatsoever and hotel is central to both beach and strip.

BB
Hi were a young couple who have booked to travel to penera near protaras at the end of august. We were just wondering if any1 has advice on where to go and what to do. We do like a good night out but don't want 18-30's and we also like to try different places to eat. Any advice or info would be very greatfully received.
Thanks Lee and Bec
Hi Lee and Bec

Can I ask you not to use phone style text, eg any1 instead of anyone? Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers that do not recognise this type of text.

Thanks.

luci :wave
We went to the Andreotis Apts last year and have just booked again today for next year.... really lovely, in a great location (500 metres from Fig Tree Bay) near the "strip"..... Clean, friendly staff and in a great location... what more do you want? :D
Do you have any idea what the domniki apartments are like? Do you need to go to fig tree for watersports? What is the night life like in protaras?
We stayed at the Domniki last year. Its excellent and ideally positioned. You can walk out of the hotel straight onto the beach. Highly recommended.

Richie
I agree with baggieboy - The Domniki Apartments are perfect right on the beach. They do have lots of watersports but not sure if Fig Tree Bay has more.

We will be returning to the Domniki on Sept 26th.

Amber
We have just booked today to go back to the Vangelis in Oct, we went last year to the Vangelis in Oct also and loved it. We booked the accomodation with 'olympic holidays' and booked our flights seperately with 'on the beach holidays', it worked out much cheaper.
The Vangelis is in a great location close to the beach, pubs and restaurants in Protaras (main strip). The pool is also lovely.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.