Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
rabies
3 Posts
Don't know anyone who's had that done for a holiday. Our GP runs a very good travel clinic and it was not advised. It was expensive enough to have the Yellow Fever (advisable) and the Malarone malaria tabs without having unnecessary rabies vaccs as well!

Try http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294206-i9216-Kenya.html
hi
you dont have to have the vaccine but as a scottish child growing up in kenya i had the following drummed into me at every opportunity -'remember to stay away from furry animals that you dont know!!!! '& dont encourage wildlife such as monkeys to come close by feeding them (although they dont need & will come & poke around in your bags without any encouragement!!!)

if anyone is unfortunate enough to be scratched (however minor ) or bitten by a furry beast of any sort (includes dogs/cats) seek medical advice IMMEDIATELY! this is very important.

dont let children approach dogs or cats that may be hanging around your hotel/accomodation. the risk may be small but it is still a risk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.