Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Anyone replying to Sue who has recently stayed at this complex might also like to update our reviews page ... please click here.

David :wave
I can't vouch for the Albufera Park as I've not stayed in it; only live close by. It's quite impressive though as are all the Iberostar hotels. The part of Playa de Muro that the hotel is in is a bit out on a limb, opposite the nature park of Albufera. That said, there is a reasonable amount going on in this area, but you are still about 20 minutes walk from the main part of Playa de Muro. The beach is great. If you want to, take a look at the resort description on http://www.thealcudiaguide.com.

As for Alcudia, this is some 7-8 kilometres to the port itself.

Hope this helps
Thanks Andrew for your comments.

I just hope its not too quiet, we don't like it noisy but we like to have some shops and bars to stroll around.
Hi Andrew,

Would you be able to tell me please if the Hotel Playa de Muro is in a better position as we couldn't decide between the 2 Hotels but decided to go for Albufera Park but I am not sure now about its location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Hello Sue.

The Playa de Muro is in what one might call the main part of Playa de Muro. There are more restaurants, bars etc in this area than in the Alcudia Pins area which is where the Albufera Park is located. The Playa de Muro is more or less right on the main road, which is not the case with the Albufera Park (this is set back more). There are shops, bars and restaurants in the general area of the Albufera Park, but not as many. You can get into Playa de Muro main on the Muro Express road-train (2.50 euros per person I think). Buses can be quite full to here or into Puerto Alcudia. On balance, the Albufera Park should be ok. You have a quiet part of the beach close by as well as the more busy part right next to the hotel. There is also the option of going in the other direction to Can Picafort - about 20 mins along the beach - where there are a lot more places.
Thanks for the info, Andrew. : :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.