Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Try the Maritimo, it's in the Portland Direct brochure.
Lots of activities in a good quality hotel.

Playa del Muro is about a mile or so from Alcudia and is quieter and more relaxed. There are plenty of bars and restaurants but no late night discos etc.
Why not try The Lagotel in Playa de Muro. We stayed there last Summer and is a short walk to the beach/ shops etc. The hotel also lay on a free bus for the short distance.
We caught a taxi into Alcudia as it is too far to walk, however some people did the beach walk to there.
We thought it was a perfect location as nice and quiet, but not too quiet. A nice bar to eat in Playa de Muro is called "Cheers". Here there is not only good food, but good live entertainment. Also lots of other bars and even an English bar!
Would definatley recommend the hotel. Our 2 boys then 9 and 11 loved it. Pools lovely too.
Good luck :lol:
We stayed at the Prinsotel La Dorada a couple of years ago and I must say we thought it was superb.

Wasn't so keen on Playa de Muro though, the beach is great but the actual strip of shops and restaurants lining the main road was pretty grim. Cost 8 or 9 Euros each way for a taxi into Alcudia, which we thought was very nice, particulary the harbour area. Going the other way (and at similar taxi cost) is C'an Picafort which was OK, but rather busy.
I've booked Playa Esperanza Hotel in Playa de Muro in early September.The reviews all seem positive.I'm just a bit concerned that it may be too quiet,It shouldn't be a problem as it's a couples holiday and no kids in tow.
Is there anywhere at all to go in playa de Muro??
Sins
There are a few nice restaurants and shops in your area, but not a massive selection, and I found them to be more expensive than either the Port or the Bellvue area.

As there are just the two of you, this might be enough, but if you do find it too quiet, its only a couple of pounds in a taxi (the bus is even cheaper!) up to the Bellevue area where there are LOADS to choose from, and also a lot of bistros that have live music. The port area is more up market, with some lovely local restaurants. If you stay on the bus you can go right to Peurto Pollensa for even more selection.

If you get on the bus and go the other way, Can Picafort is only five minutes away, but really I found the buses quite crowded and the taxis to these areas were not expensive

Hope you have a great time, the beach you are on is to die for 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.