General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hubby thinks,they are ok now,cos he's superglued them & you can't tell,no one will know,he says !!!!!!!! :shush
i'm sure he believes,i'm gonna wear them ;)
tracy
No nails?
No I don't mean the product 'no nails', I mean after wearing them you'll be left with no toe nails!!! :rofl
Glynis - my Athens flipflops arrived today - really pleased with the service from Sports Direct! :wave:

Tracy - hope your superglue holds............they are really comfy - I did use Glynis's tip but didnt give them to my husband - my 14 year old son did the job and they are still in one piece :wave:
I got the pink and orange and they are comfy but also chose a Ilthena? pair and one foot is a bit 'awkward' - daren't pull it as hard now because of Tracy :lol: (Am certainly not allowing my 'beefcake' husband anywhere near them :yikes ) Will try little tugs over the next few days.................... :rofl
My FitFlops arrived from Boots today, they're lovely although much "chunkier" than Crocs Athens and heavier.

I'm going to try and break them in gently as is suggested with the instructions over the next week whilst in Portugal :sun2

Will report back on the comfort level and whether my bum shrinks :rofl
OK I confess, I went out shopping the day before I flew to Malaga and saw the crocs for £15, so I bought the toe post style flip-flop type....I don't know the name of that particular style.
I only had the choice of the fuscia pink/orange or the pink and very vibrant green, all the other colours in my size had gone.
As the hotel is just across the promenade from the beach, I thought they would be ideal and although I'm used to wearing toe post sandals, these crocs quickly gave me a blister on my left foot, not exactly between my toes where the strap usually rubs, but just under on the base of my foot where the strap joins the base of the shoe......I was thinking they seemed a good idea at the time.!

I popped the blister and applied one of those gel type plasters between my toes and under my foot, and I persevered....now I think they are the best thing since sliced bread and I wore them more than any of the other sandals that I took, and walked all over the place in them.

I was so impressed, that I phoned my DIL from Torremolinos and asked her if she'd go to the shop and buy me another pair, any colour, it didn't matter, but, alas they have sold out of my size completely.

Sanji
Sanji I got mine online - they still had a good range of colours and sizes last week.

The link is a few posts above.
Thanks for that, I missed the link with being away in Spain, I've just ordered another pair in turquoise, they only had them left in my size (6) and the e-mail confirming payment doesn't guarantee that they will still have them in stock, so, fingers crossed.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/Products/SD/PID-Crocs+Athens+II+Sandal+Ladies-223104.aspx?ColCode=22310416

Sanji
Hope you get them Sanji :wave:

I also find them brilliant to walk in, and they look good with sundresses and shorts, while the Caymens are a bit too bulky!
Sanji.........you little tinker............you said you'd never wear crocs :rofl
I've just ordered the pink and orange pair, only ones they had in my size, for next years hols but if this weather keeps up over here they may get worn out. :sun2
Edit, 5 mins later...... :( got my e-mail confirmation and it's like yours sanji, subject to availability.
I got the pink and orange and I like the colours they are snazzy (bright but snazzy :rofl )

Still not getting away with the Ithena (?) ones - they rub the underbit on one foot near the toe. I've pulled but to no avail :cry Was thinking of trying to 'stuff' them with wet newspaper. I love the colour of them as well :sulk
Wow. Impressed, I only ordered these crocs yesterday afternoon.
Knock Knock on my door this morning......
I have a pair of turquoise crocs :tup

Cazz, I wouldn't wear the full shoe type, but that's because my hubby said I looked silly in them and they felt like little boats on my chubby feet.
I bought a shoe that's very similiar to the Crocs last year in Benidorm, but a bit slimmer in width......waste of money and they were as expensive as Crocs.
I've worn them no more than half a dozen times.

I like toe post sandals, so now I have a turquoise pair and the pink/orange pair of Crocs....that's enough. :rofl

Sanji
I've been thinking about this.....and I bet I could have got my size in the local shop.
The orange/pink pair have the size M4.W6. and were labelled as a 6.
On the website it said the turquoise pair will not correspond with a 6 UK sizing and underneath it says M6.W8.
The actual label says size 8.
I'm not explaining this very well, but when I was looking for my size I obviously was looking for a 6, but it must depend on the supplier/country because these crocs are def labelled as an 8, but they fit as a size 6. :que

Sanji
Glynis have you tried putting Compeed on - mine did rub a little at the beginning but I have persevered and they are okay now.

Glad to be of service Sanji.
Thanks Toots will give that a try :tup I think it's the fault of my toe which is shorter than my 2nd toe and also bends in a little. My toes are fine in the ordinary croc flip flops though :que
these crocs are def labelled as an 8, but they fit as a size 6

All Crocs are USA sizing on the sole. But some websites and shops (SportsDirect included) already do the conversion for you and re-label them with the equivalent UK/Euro size.

Adult sizes: All Crocs shoes currently have a U.S. M and W numbers stamped on them. The M number is the closest to a UK size so an M5 W7 is a UK 5. We stock adult UK sizes 4 to 10.
Crocs Men's & Women's Shoe Size Conversion Table
Country Sizes
Europe 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
U.K. M 3 4 4½ 5 6 7 7½ 8 9 10
U.S. M 3 4 5 6 7 7 8 8½ 9 10½
W 5 6 6½ 7½ 8½ 9 9½ 10 11 12

Some good info to check is the site below which gives actual measurements of the soles of Crocs and also the sizing piece explained.

http://www.crocs.com/sizing/sizingchart.pdf

:tup
All Crocs are USA sizing on the sole. But some websites and shops (SportsDirect included) already do the conversion for you and re-label them with the equivalent UK/Euro size.

HI Miss
On the website they were sold as a UK 6, but the actual label with the price tag, said a size 8.
If I'd been looking in the shop and saw the size 8 on the label, I would have thought they were a UK 8 and gone looking for a size 6.

When I got the order e-mail, it said a size 6 and then a size 8 on the dispatch e-mail and I thought, oh no, they are sending me the wrong size, on the website they have done the conversion, but if they leave the sale/price label showing a size 8, exactly as you would see it attached to the crocs in Sports Direct shop, it could be misleading.
Although both pairs are suposed to be a UK 6, one pair has M4 W6 and the other pair has M6 W8 on the sole. :que
Product Quantity Unit Price Total Price
Crocs Athens II Sandal Ladies Colour: Turquoise/Sea Size: 6
Shipping: Standard Delivery £3.95

1 Crocs Athens II Sndl LdC9 Turquoise/Sea 8
Product Code: 223104/16/280

Sanji
Totally confused, but it don't take much, I ordered a 5 so I hope they fit.......I still havnt got them :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.