General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Cazz, I think the issue with the sizing lies totally with Sports Direct :duh

I own several pairs of Crocs flip flops with no issue over sizing following the link on my previous post as they are USA sizes. However when I ordered mine from SD a couple of weeks ago, I ordered a UK 6 as per their site, then the confirmation email stated an 8 and when they turned up they had 8 on the tag but on the bottom of the Crocs they stated W7 M9 :que Crazy or what !! Never had those issues with Croc sellers on the net elsewhere

However they did fit thankfully but I think SD have got some issues around sizing full stop. Best bet is wait until they arrive and see how you get on. I suspect they're sending you a USA 7 which is a UK 5 approx so hopefully you'll be ok :tup
Yeah, got in from work tonight and my neighbour took them in, delivered this morning. Size on tag was 7, underneath they state, M5 and W7, and they fit lovely, breaking them in now. :wave:
I also indulged in my first ever pair of croc flip flops a few weeks ago from there. Must admit they are as comfy as all say.

I am now thinking of paying out for the make "Fit Flops", a little pricey, but I do walk alot and these are supposed to be ideal for that.

Anyone already own a pair?
Hi I got some real crocks for £10 yesterday in sports direct fosse park leicester, only a size 3 so think they may be kids, lovely light pearly pink.
Real Crocks are a plenty in my local sports direct Newton Abbot store for £10.00 also.All colours and sizes.
cfc fan

I was in Sports Direct myself on Saturday buying my son trainers when I also saw the childrens sized flipflops for £10 - although Im a size 4 the 3 fitted me so I now have purchased a second pair in yellow and grey in addition to the ones I bought online for £15.

I find "normal" flipflops SO uncomfortable - I hate the toeposts - but these are unbelievably comfy to walk in!
  • Edited by tootsie 2009-07-15 09:22:17
Anyone already own a pair?

Well, finally a report back on my new Fit Flops:

I tried breaking them in whilst in the house so as not to damage the soles, the sizing is, like a lot of flip flop type shoes a little hit & miss. I bought a 6 & a 7 and whilst I thought the 6 fitted, when I did the test they recommend I found them too small so reverted to the 7.....they advise you take 20-30 brisk steps in them and if your heels have worked their way off the back of the shoe then they're too small.

I simply couldn't get on with them, I found them so much more heavier on your feet than Croc flip flops, they didn't rub or hurt as such but just seemed too cumbersome and restrictive on the top of your foot (there's absolutely no give in them and nor will they give according to the leaflet) this put me off and despite being desperate for them to be a revelation I'm afraid they were returned to Boots today for a refund.

I'm going to stick with my Croc Capri ;)
My Crocs are banished to the bottom of the wardrobe, I was wearing them when my foot slipped off the edge of the front step, went over on my ankle and badly sprained it (very lucky nothing was broken). My right croc has a massive ridge in it from the edge of the step....it's put me right off wearing them again. Shame becos' they are sooo comfy BUT I need something my feet are going to feel more 'secure' in from now on!
I just bought a pair of "Cleo" Crocs. They're like flip flops without the toe post. Very comfy. I got the turquoise and am thinking of getting the pink.
I heard the manufactures of croc are filing bankruptcy in california where they are based, soon there will be no crocs available. One of my prays has been answered, can't stand the sight of the ugly thing. :tup
I'd read that too this week and I share your joy with the news :cheers
They are the only things I can wear at the moment due to a bad foot.
I have 1 real pair and 8 pairs of mock ones. :yikes
Enough to last me a life time. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.