Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
IMO- Keri / Querim beach north of Arambol, near Fort Tiracol is the most peaceful beach in the north.
Are there no other tranquil beaches in the North ?, I know Querim is too quiet and far from Calangute for a lot of people, but arn't morjim and mandrem nice peaceful beaches ?
ps- I wouldn't call Palolem peaceful, it gets lots of daytrippers
lassi x
Hi lassigirl - would you recommend Morjim and Mandrem then? Going to Palolem for the beach huts overnight experience. We went south in 2006 but didn't visit Palolem and wished we had so going with friends in March. :D
Morjim & Mandrem are both good and they both have beach huts. At night the only other people around will be other people staying in huts.
I think Morjim is so peaceful, much more so than Palolem.
SHHHHh
Don't tell everyone :D
This is the northern end of Mandrem - quiet enough? 8)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/DSC_00051.jpg

Querem Beach

Paradise Beach
SSSSHHHHH!!! I never reply to these questions, want to keep these places a secret!!
Secret Squirrel

Absolutely :rofl
Thanks for your replies everyone. Mandrem looks fantastic - will definitely have to give that a go! :D
Thanks for your replies everyone. Mandrem looks fantastic - will definitely have to give that a go

I've just heard they have started construction on a Las Vegas mega style hotel on Mandrem beach

only joking :P
We visited Ashwam beach more than a few times this year, its so wonderful and quiet.
We usually visit ashwam when we want a bit of peace and quiet, as baga gets a bit hectic
Mandrem and Morjim both beautifully peaceful, with the beach almost to yourself. The sea seemed to also seem to be not so dangerous as around Baga/Calangute.

I must find Keri beach next year. I met an English couple living in Goa and they told me its their favourite beach, but i couldnt see it on the map! Sure any of the taxi drivers will know.

PS Lovemyhols beware of asking a taxi driver you dont know to take you to "a peaceful beach". I did just that and obviously the driver was in cahoots with one of the stall holders, they shook hands and i was left stranded on this dirty beach, dont know the name of it, with one shack that was also dirty and pressured to buy from this stallholder from the minute i arrived. I took myself off and found a beautiful beach myself around the next bay. Lesson learnt! :lol:
I must find Keri beach next year. I met an English couple living in Goa and they told me its their favourite beach, but i couldnt see it on the map! Sure any of the taxi drivers will know.

Keri beach is Paradise Beach - get the ferry to Tiracol, then drive past the Fort, then you pass the Iron Works and Quarry, cross the border into Maharashtra. You will eventually come to a village - ask directions there, it's not much further. :lol:
Also, is there the odd shack for lunch at these beaches? Don't want to go all day without food!

Yes. 8)
Hi - thanks for the tip about taxi drivers LisawithanS. We'll be okay on that score, we are using the same driver as last season and he's been our friends driver for years so no worries there about being ripped off.

Also, is there the odd shack for lunch at these beaches? Don't want to go all day without food! :yikes
PS. Is Paradise beach also known as Palolem beach or are they different? Thanks.
Keri beach is Paradise Beach -

Oh is it? Thankyou for link and directions. :wink:
Hi lovemyhols , thats what i need to do, find myself a reliable and trustworthy taxi driver that i can use throughout my next holiday.

PS. Is Paradise beach also known as Palolem beach or are they different? Thanks.

No because Palolem is in the South and Paradise is the North. I have been sent a PM with a map of all the beaches and the distance from each other which is brilliant. Thanks for that. :kiss I can PM it to you if you like. :D
Palolem is also known as Paradise beach http://www.palolem.com/Map.asp when we first visited it in 95 there was just one shack on the beach and a handful of shacks just off the beach and it truly was paradise :)
Hey Lisa, Would you mind sending it me please too if you get a spare moment?

Thanks
Lx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.