Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
They are a 20 min drive from where I live and know they have been going for a number of years. I haven't read anything in the local papers about them being any trouble.

Is this them.

Regal Holidays
89 Bellegrove Road
Welling
Kent, DA 116 3PG

Phone: 020 8306 6660 / 0870 909 5555
Fax: 020 8306 6512

Email: info@regalholidays.co.uk
hi, yes this is the same Regal holidays, Im going to try to get in touch again today, fingers crossed.
There are no adverse reports for this company.

fwh
Can you guys stop me worrying about this company :oops:
We have booked with them :roll:
Good or bad please let us know thanks :lol:
My in laws booked flights with them, so far no probs.
Hi,just chase your tickets every day until you get them . ibooked a holiday with Regal on the internet for 24th August ,started getting worried when the tickets had not arrived ten days before so i rang them and was told that they were in the post ,with four days to go i rang again and was told someone would call back,they didnt.next day i called three times and spoke to three different people eventually to be told that the flights had not been booked! i was horrified. Regal offered me a full refund but said that it would take a week to put the funds back on my card. i had no option but to accept but could not book an alternative holiday as i didnt have the money back in time .
so me and the family did not get a holiday this year and not even an apology from Regal. i guess this is not what you wanted to hear but take my advice and CHASE YOUR TICKETS :(
jclure

I would talk to ROS FERNIHOUGH if I were you on TEL: 01922 621114 or 0845 2262332 (local)

I am sure you have a case for compensation, at the very least regal holidays are in breach of contract, not only that you have loss of enjoyment. The fault was theirs and they should compensate you.

Its only a quick call and the advise is free.
Thanx guys for ure comments were very grateful :lol:
where do they send flight tickets??? :oops:
To us ??? or we pick up at airport ????
Also our £100 deposit :arrow:
Would you say stuff the booking ???
and book again with a more reliable company ??? :roll:
Your views please
Thanx
Hi womblebibby

Please do not use phone style text, eg ure instead of your, etc as per our T&C's.

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers that do not recognise this type of text.

Thanks.

luci :wave
luci HT Mod sorry for my mistake xxxx
Hi everyone
have sorted my problem with RH
spoke with the govenor he assures me tickets were posted Friday
and I have to phone him 4 weeks before departure he will personally issue flight tickets in house and post them
So fingers crossed
We used Regal this year with no problems.One thing I was advised of though was to ring the Turkey office on the day of your departure to make sure that the transfer vehicle is booked,as some people have been left at the hotel and had to get taxi's :shock: .

I also rang the office in England for them to ring the Marmaris office.
Yes we had some little hitches but nothing to lose sleep over.

Chris :wink:
Just to report my in laws had no probs with them. Everything fine.
I have just returned from Turkey with Regal Holidays and I will never book with them again. My Hotel was not the one that I booked.I booked a 4 star hotel and was put in a 3 star hotel that was not up to the same standard by a long way.There was not enough beds in the room that we were given. When I spoke to Regal back in the UK they told me to get on with it or they would fly me home the next day with no refund.
I eventually had to pay £190 to Regal for another room so that we all had somewhere to sleep because the camp bed that was put up in the room for my son the first night blocked all exits from the room and there fore in an emergency there would have been problems leaving the room if we had to.
After the first week I was eventually moved to the original hotel that I had booked, Paid for and had the confirmation for.
Do not book with these people because when they have your money and you are in resort they simply don't care about you. I will be making a complaint to Regal but I won't hold my breathe.
hat a nightmare company we have just returned from the worst two weeks holiday ever and all because of this rubbish company.

When we arrived at the airport in Turkey there was nobody to meet us eventually somebody did turn up after lots of frantic phone calls made by other reps waiting to pick up at the airport who luckily knew the regal driver.The other Regal Holiday passengers going to Mamaris wern't so lucky they were left stranded at the airport for a lot longer.

We eventually arrived at the Hotel only to be told they were expecting four people not five although our confirmation clearly stated five,we got to the room to discover it was a twin room for two people and not the family room we expected,so I went back to reception and told them this room was not acceptable,they said they had told Regal this room was to small for four people and they had never had that many people stay in a room that size before they then produced the faxed confirmation from Regal Holidays based in Kent saying they understood that but we had agreed to stay in this room(CLEARLY A LIE AS WE HAD 5 IN OUR PARTY AND WOULD NEVER ACCEPT THAT AS A PARTY OF 4 LET ALONE 5).So they refused to move us saying it was Regals problem.

After ringing Regal Holidays time after time and being promided it would be sorted out and they would ring back in one hour it never happened then ringing back and told to wait and being put on hold for 15mins at £1.50 per min.I finally got hold of a resort rep from Falcon Holidays who acted as a go between and he told me the last 8 customer complaints were all from Regal Holidays and they were going to stop representing them,even his head office tried to get them to ring me back and they told them the same thing Oh yes we will ring them in 1 hour again never happened.

SO BE WARNED IF YOU USE REGAL HOLIDAYS FROM KENT THIS MAY HAPPEN TO YOU £3K WASTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I have not had a good experience so far having booked a holiday to Turkey with Regal Holidays in January 2008 with a departure date of 11th September. As our holiday approaches we still have not got our tickets. I have phoned Regal daily over the last 10 days and been given different and inconsistent information. I was told yesterday (6 days before departure) that due to "operational reasons" our outgoing flight had been put back 9 hours. I phoned Monarch Airlines who said that the flight had not been rescheduled. After eventually getting through to Regal again I was told that the operational problems were not down to the airline, but down to 'Pure Flights', a thrid party organisation who purchase tickets for travel agents who went bust last week. Not Regal's fault then? I have my doubts. If I were running Regal I would have told customers what the problem was at the earliest opportunity and taken real credit for finding an alternative flight. Reading these other comments it seems that this is a regular occurrence. With 5 days to go before we are due to fly out I am still waiting for tickets but if Regal are being honest there should be no problem. I have also taken it upon myself to phone the hotel in Turkey to confirm everything is booked at that end. If my prviate transfer is not at Dalaman then we will get a taxi and get the money back from Regal. I will update as & when.
Quick update Its been over the seven days I gave them to respond and guess what ha ha NO ANSWER NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER,what a bad company
My wife and I returned from a two week holiday in Marmaris last night. In common with other posts here we feel we have been treated very badly by Regal Holidays. On arrival at the airport we found that they had allocated a different hotel from the one we had booked. Worse still, we had been given a small studio instead of an apartment whcih we had specifically asked for and paid for. The rep from Regal Holidays, although helpful could not do much because she had no authority to put matters right without the agreement of the head office in Kent. Their local office in Marmaris also said they could not upgrade our room without the agreement from the head office. I wasted a lot of money trying to ring the head office myself, but every time there was a message saying they were 'unable to take calls'. I will never again book with Regal Holidays and would ask others to be very careful of this company.
We went to Marmaris for a weeks holiday in June 2008 having booked a 4star hotel on the beach front next to the harbour, it was a hotel we knew and as my wife was recovering from a pace maker being fitted, the hotel was ideally placed so she didn't have far to walk to any of the amenities. On arrival at Marmaris we were told the hotel was overbooked and we had been moved to a hotel away from the beach and not within walking distance of anywhere we wanted, we were told it was an up grade!!! we were virtually imprisoned for a week and all subsequent written complaints have been ignored, the well trained staff have told lie upon lie, when I managed to speak to someone, and the complaints procedure advertised by them is not worth the space it occupies. There is nothing Regal about this company,they are only interested in getting your money and hope you will not follow up any complaint if they ignore you, I am not for turning and will be taking them to the small claims court for breach of contract, hopefully any press which arises from the case will deter others from using them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.