Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
hi
iam actually planning to stay here too. ive visited the hotel when i was last in tunisia and was very impressed clean peacefull elegant and has the advantage of the media. iam really looking forward to it going in june so will post pack my views best regards
thanks for your reply, its reassuring to hear that you saw the hotel and liked it enough to book to stay there. we are going at the end of june into july. please let us know how your holiday goes, hope you have a great time!
Just got back from a week at the Diar Lemdinar and had a great time.

We went with friends and each had a 4-6 bed appartment which was beautiful, Upstairs !!!!! had 1 double room with ensuite, 1 twin room, famil bathroom, Down stairs a lounge area (sofa beds), toilet, and kitchen. All very clean and well serviced.

Staff were friendly and attentive, and attempts to speak arabic were well recieved

Shockra - thankyou
Asslema - hello
Bisslema - good bye
Spack ear - Good morning

and something like.........

snee-empth beeir - two beers

Pool was cold but would be lovely in the sumer, and loungers were limited around the smaller pool, may be a problem in the summer. An indoor pool is available and warm but not well advertised - take gogles as the water did sting the eyes a little.

We were B&B only but breakfast was fine with local meats, omlettes, bread, breads, cereals etc and the kids favourites crepes. The same food was on each day but the selection was good. The scrammbled egg with the peppers looks a bit strange but tastes good.

The market on the door step starts off as being a nice distraction, but soon wears with the 'jovial' trades letting you know that they are 'cheaper than Asda' or asking you to 'have a butchers' every tie you step out side.

A high point of the market for me is the six foot high picture of Jimmy Carr that greets you as you enter.

The beach is just 5 mins wak fromthe hotel with kids in tow and is clean and sandy. Most of the cafes etc were closed as out of season but seemed to be pleanty to cater for the busier times.

Hope this helps, if you need anything else just ask.

ps tunis airport is s**t !!! - 2 hr to get through passport control on arrival and you can not spend dinars in duty free on the way out aaaaaargh!
have a look at hotels.com they have lots of pictures of the hotel
there was one other thing i forgot to mention.

there was a small brown and white kitten that seemed to live around to pool, who we were told by the witers was called M.C.

my daughter grew very fond of him over our stay and fed him regularly with meat from breakfast or tuna from the supermarket - please do the same as it will make her happy to know he is being looked after :D
Hi there,
I just came back from Tunisia,and stayed in the Medina.
It was a lovely hotel and the room was fantastic. The staff were nice as well but some of them not as nice as others, at times when we were asking for directions or about facilities in the Hotel (there is no gym despite what it says on the internet) they were very vague and not all that helpful. When we arrived we couldnt get any water as it was after 12 o clock, so make sure you bring some with you.
The resort is made up of lots of huge Hotels, its very clean but you could be anywhere in the world, it didnt feel very authentic at all...
The beach, you couldnt swim in the sea cause of all this black twig like matter all over the beach and into the sea. it had formed mini cliffs on some parts..but the pools in the hotel are lovely, almost like fresh water...
The food was not very nice at all, for a costal country it had very little sea food and all of the Italian restaurants were dreadful! We had a self catering apartment but couldnt get any fresh meat or vegetables... There is a supermarket down at the marina that has a better selection than whats in the medina one.
It was very quiet when we were there, a couple we met in the airport asked to be moved to a resort in Hammamet because it was so quiet in Yasmine.
Overall it seems like I am moaning a lot about it, we did have a nice holiday, the weather was good and the apartment was nice. We wouldnt go back there but each to his own!
Oh yeah and if you are buying souviners (there is lots of lovely pottery available. GO TO THE FIXED PRICE shop in the Medina, we got ripped off by a guy on the front strip we were charged 60 dinars for a bowl that was 15 in the fixed price shop....)
Have a lovely holiday
Amanda :
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.