Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi I think a transfer might cost about e 30 each way.
You can hire a car right at airport terminal,(expensive) or better to go on web and hire a car. Best prices in 2007 were from "Holiday Autos" website. If you don't mind a short ,free ,mini bus ride to just outside the airport, you will get an even better deal, in that there is no CWD to pay extra, but there is a slight scam on fuel, as you get full tank & return it empty. The price they charge to refill car is more expensive than you can buy it for at nearbye filling station. This deal is offered by Economy car hire, email booking@economycarhire.com. or go to their website. Cars are supplied by Auriga Crown, but is more expensive to book direct with them.
Driving on Mallorca is generally good, and the best way to see the island in detail. But BE WARNED, if you go up the mountains behind Puerto Pollensa (fantastic views) you must be able to DRIVE. Not for Sunday drivers or faint hearted. Exactly same applies to mountain road to Lluc Monastry and particularly to the absolutely fantastic Sa Colobra north of Soller.This road has to be seen to be believed, really great views. Good new motorway from Palma to Alcudia. New tunnel on Soller to Palma road to save mountains. As a professional driver, I found this experience the best I ever had with my clothes on!!!! ENJOY
hi!! can anyone give me a price for a taxi from palma airport to magaluf in may there are 8 of us so we will need 2 taxis.thanx :que
Hi annett,

You would be better off using a transfer company, we use janerbus every time now, we are going in May too, we are paying 108 euro's return for 8 of us in a minibus & thats a private transfer.

Also going to Palmanova which is only next door to Magaluf.

Not a bad price & they are very good. Worth getting a quote then you can decide.

They wait if you are delayed for any reason & have a board with your name on it, you pay half on arrival plus 10 euro towards the cost of return, which you then pay the balance on arrival at airport on your return journey.

Good luck whichever you decide, have a great holiday.

Deb.
hi deb
we going from 26th may til 2nd june staying in trh torrenova!!
got a quote from janerbus costing 114euro return for the 8 of us plus they puttin car seats in for the two youngest kids!!thanx for your post enjoy your holiday 2!! :sun2 :cheers
Hi again,

Well done, they are very good, we were delayed by 6 hours at Gatwick last sept & they were still waiting there for us.

I have them booked for May & we need 2 booster seats too.

Lets hope the sun shines for us all :sun2

Deb.
I would just like to recommend Janer bus for airport transfers, having just used them last week, buses lovely and clean and the driver drove very carefully , unlike some drivers I have used in the passed.
their price was very competetive too.
flying out in may, have booked with Majorca Shuttlebus for transfer to Calas, price is 52 euro's return for 2 passengers which seems reasonable, does anyone have any experience with this company.

Thanks in advance.
We are going to Cala D'or on 25th April and wonder if anybody used balearic transfers and what they are like. They are coming out cheaper than janerbus.
Hi all,

Got back yesterday from Palmanova, we used Janerbus again & I have to say they are great. They were waiting for us when we arrived at the airport, then arrived at our hotel 15 mins early yesterday morning at 7am, I have them booked for end of may & september, where will have a minibus as there are 8 people both times.

Courtious drivers every time, even took my case off of me to take to the car!

Deb.
We've booked Janerbus again this year - used them on our last holiday in 2006 and couldn't fault them at all.

We were delayed waiting for our last case to come out (along with half a dozen other families) and it was about 1.5 hours after the flight landed before we got to the meeting point and driver was still there. Coming back they were 15 minutes early arriving and our driver had thoughtully put 2 booster seats onboard for our twins.

Excellent service and very fair price - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Tis
Sorry maybe this has been asked before but can you tell me how lon gwe will be on the bus.. from Palma to alcudia ? Thanks :que
Hi, Just got back from Majorca and had to post a recommendation of a fantastic transfer company . Shuttledirect.com. Absolutely fantastic, and excellent price. A private minibus for four of us from Palma Airport to Palma Nova return was only £54. They were prompt, excellent transport and very friendly. Definitely recommend.
I emailed for a quote from Janerbus yesterday and got a price of 140 euros for two people to Cala Millor. Waaaay to expensive!

Wasn't impressed with Resorthoppa last year, the guy was smoking, on his mobile and messing with the radio whilst driving like a maniac all at the same time :yikes

Might try shuttledirect.com as recommended above, the web site looks good and prices are reasonable or Ultramar Express through our hotel.
Just got my booking through from Janerbus.
Palma Airport - Magaluf and return
4 adults
Total of 68 Euro (17 euro each isn't bad at all) ;)
kristoff, 70 euro each way is the going rate for a taxi to Cala Millor. CBG
Kristoff - as CBG says it's the going rate for taxi transfers. Yes, you can do it cheaper but using shuttle services - they're not direct and you could be waiting for the bus to fill before it even sets off. Just something for you to consider.

Tis
Tis and CBG, thanks for guidance with this too. :tup

From all the reports I've read on this site Janerbus seem to get 100% satisfaction which really is as good as it gets. It's more than I wanted to have to pay but at the end of the day I do want everything to go as smoothly as possible so I may have to bite the bullet.

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.