Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
taxi to palma nova
277 Posts
You can book transfers through most of the travel operators websites, easyjet will be about £25 per person to Cala Millor (return). Louise
Hi All

Me and my husband travelled with Janerbus from Palma airport to Palma Nova last October (the time of the hurricane :( ) it was only 60euro return, the taxi's where lovely and clean the drivers polite and on time.
However I am going to Cala D'Or this year and believe its quite a bit further away - I have emailed Janerbus and am awaiting a reply but if anyone can give me a clue in the meantime as to what cost I can expect, I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks JOJO
Dandeman, Majorca Shuttlebus are the new offshoot of Majorca Airport Transfers who I worked for last summer in Palma - their new suttle service is very cheap - 26e return to and from Alcudia, or 20e return to and from Magalluf !!! Their private transport prices are very reaonable too, and they have very friendly drivers.
In answer to my above question ;) I have received a quote off Janerbus for 128e (£101) return and a quote of Resort Hoppa :que for 41e (£32.50) return.

So there is actually a very big cost difference between the two (they are both for two adults) but I am so weary after all I have read about Resort Hoppa on here, even though they state that there will only be a 45minute wait between booking in and leaving for resort?
Does Resorthoppa doe a shuttle service or is that private? Seems like a canny difference and I wonder if they've got confused with where you want to go as Tracy (see topic called COMMENT further down page) has had a quote from janerbus and think it was only about €60 return (I think).
If anyone is happy driving don't forget hire cars are relatively cheap and the main trunk routes are pretty good. I have a Citreon Berlingo at the moment which is 107€ per week from RECORD rentacar who have plenty of cars at the airport.

Fuel has gone up in price but a 65€ tank full got me 800km last week!
Hi!We are going to Cala Ferrera for our honeymoon on 7th September for 12 days. We have booked DIY and got a good deal on flights and accomodation. Could I have advise on what transfer is best? I have a quote from Janerbus (About 140) and don't fancy resorthoppa as we don't like all the droppings off all over the Island! Any suggestions gratefully received!
If you do a Google search for airport transfer majorca or somesuch you'll get a few come up.

We've used Autocares Levante and Janerbus in the past and Janerbus were, for us, far better - we've booked them again this year as they are very reliable, vehicles immaculate, drivers helpful and friendly and just all round the experience was trouble and stress free.

Tis
Hi has anyone ever used balearictransfer.com - are they reliable? Most quotes I've seen from airport to Pollensa are approx €97 each way, but balearictransfer has quoted €70 each way, which is quite a difference.
son went to alcudia yesterday. He used resort hoppa for the third time and has nothing but praise for them. His flight from stansted was delayed for three hours, crew never turned up, or that is what they were told!! When he got to palma went to the hoppa desk, nice english girl re booked him in, waited about 20mins. New Mercedes mini bus, only five on board, helpful driver no problems at all.
Hi just arrived back from a very wet Mallorca,
I just wanted to recommend once more the Janerbus transfer service. The driver was very patient with us as one of our group was a bit late arriving on a different flight , but he waited anyway.
I will use this company again and would recommend them to anyone
Hi, if we turn up at Palma airport without arranging a pre-booked taxi to pick us up will we be ripped off by hailing a taxi on spec when we arrive? I know from these Boards you can expect to pay 30/35 euro from airport to Palma Nova.
Is this OK or are all taxi's from the airport pre-booked?

Thanks in advance for any info & hope you all have the best holidays this year :hols
Retsina, you will have to join the queue at the taxi rank outside the terminal. At busy times a airport staff member makes sure it is all organised and no queue jumping. The taxi's all have meters just make sure your cabbie switches his on. I have used the rank many times and never been ripped off. Enjoy!!! CBG
Hi Retsina,

To give you some idea of cost's it may be helpful to look at Taxis Palma Radio website it would allow you to book a taxi and what is better they have a desk in the airport. I know some posters on here will tell you to agree a price with the rank taxis but it is very difficult unless you are a fluent spanish speaker as the drivers don't want to understand, as CBG says make sure they use the metre but with all the different add on tariff's from the airport it is difficult to tell what is right and what is wrong.

Dave :wave:
Taxis Palma Radio price to Palma Nova 37€.44
Hi booked to go with janerbus 2 adult 2 children with car seats to sa coma 70 euros there and 70 euros back plus i know other people that have used it :sun2
we are off to sa coma on the 17th june,and have just had a quote from janerbus. the same as above,140 euros return,and although this is the dearest,it sounds by far the most reliable and hassle free.well worth the extra i think. ;)
Have just booked flights over for end of September, staying in a private apartment so wondering who would be best to get transfers with? Noticed that a lot of the ones on google only go to proper hotels and apartment complexes. Have emailed janerbus and waiting for a reply but thought I'd ask here too. There will be 2 adults and a 2 year old, arriving around lunchtime on a Sunday. What are chances of getting a taxi then if we don't prebook anything? Thanks, Katy.
Hi, just came back 2 days ago from majorca and we booked up janerbus over the internet. I would highly recommend this firm, They where waiting at gate 7 on our arrival at palma, then they where 15 mins early picking us up at hotel. We got down to reception and was told the mini bus was waiting for us, went out to see the driver and he said no rush i'm a bit early . the driver didn't speed and was very nice. We found their prices much much cheaper than the other transfer operators was asking for . there where 7 of us and it worked out a lot cheaper than going to our resort by transfer bus or taxi's.

10 out of 10 for janerbus, if i could have given more than 10 i would have .
We just got back today and used Majorca shuttlebus they were excellent and slightly cheaper than Resorthoppa who we used 6 weeks ago when we were last there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.