Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I would recommend Kokkari as the best resort on Samos. http://amorebeach.tripod.com
It depends what sort of resort you like, as to whether Limnionas is for you.
Havent stayed there personally but visited it often for the beach....there are about half a dozen tavernas I believe, and it is away from it all and very quiet.
We stay in Kambos/Votsalakia which is a bit livlier, more tavernas and a few bars.
If you want a bit more then Kokkari or Pythagorio, but much busier.
hi all.me and my wife are going to pythagorion in 3 wks and wondered if anyones been.any tips would be apprciated
hi trickster65 pythagorion is great lots of great restaurants and a few bars
the four seasons on the front is good, as is the restaurant pythagorio,there are one or two good restaurants around the back streets and there is the neptune which you just keep going past where the four seasons is bear left and follow the path round and you come across 2 or 3 more tavernas of which one is the neptune. If you walk down the main road towards the taxi`s and turn right a you approach the water you will find gregories bar we found this a nice little bar and you usually end up chatting with the boss man him self when hes not waiting on tables, If you drive i would recommend hiring a car and see the rest of the island, just watch out for some of the roads :D as they are more like donkey track than roads.
I would also recommend Kokkari. We stayed there in 2005. I hear some people saying it has been ruined by tourism, but so have so many places. It is very quiet in the day and comes alive around the seafront at night, but not with the Brit Pubs, I am glad to say. Although there are a fair number of British people there it still has a very Greek feel and the brits are outnumbered by other nationalities, especially Greeks. Can get windy, but as it is so hot the wind is a welcome relief, and we didn't see a single mossie. Have a look at some photos on Clearspray
iallen. Not sure where Limnionas is exactly. But it could be near Ag. Nikolaos on the north side, where we stayed. Am I correct? Ag. Nikolaos was very peaceful and pretty. A lovely bay which I highly recommend. 15-mins from Kokkari but anywhere a little quiet and remote you need a car, preferably a jeep to get around and see this island. Photos and reviews on my website http://www.clearspray.co.uk. I think Kokkari is lovely, lots of nice tavernas - and Pythagorion is very pretty too. Kambos I would avoid. Most of the British tour companies go there and the place caters for the English. Its not quite so Greek !! But of course it depends what each person wants from a holiday. Enjoy Samos, it is beautiful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.