Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Samos
7 Posts
if you put samos in the search facility search facility you will get many results just pick those with samos as part of the thread title to gleen some info.. and dont forget to look at the http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/resortreport.php?region=Greece Greek resort reports[/url] [you can pick out the Samos ones] for more guidance

yasus
wizard
hi Samos town is quite cosmopolitan, trendy bars more than traditional, and the beach wasnt that good really, I didnt find any snorkelling anywhere when we went.

Having said that its a lovely place, in Samos town there are a few little squares where the little ones were all running around happily at night, the people were lovely and it was very relaxed.
Have been to samos 4/5 times and have always stayed in Pythagorian. As stated there is no town beach as such but the airport beach is about 6 mins drive away. However, be aware that the majority of the restaurants/bars are situated around the deep harbour, which is not fenced so would be quite dangerous for small, running children. There is a Square of sorts with a couple of tavernas just off the harbour. And the best, sandy beach on the island, Psili Ammos. is about a 15/20 minute drive away.
As I know Samos had a Dive Center, like a diving club, and Lesvos Island is suitable for diving too. There is more divingclubs on Lesvos than Samos.
I was on Samos island last weekend and checked if there is really a diving center. :) Yes there is one on the port of Vathi.

By the way, port of Samos is really very beautiful with its lights and benches but I couldnt see a very nice beach to swim too. It was nice to walk around and sit a cafe to enjoy frappe. :cheers Well, I am in Chios island and it is more cowded than Samos. Samos is more quite and night life is closing at midnight unfortunately. In Chios people are out till 7 in the morning and then go for a coffee. That is why it was quite to me. But it is really beautiful.

and if you go there dont forget to bargain for hotel prices. Be careful! They gave a room to us for 35 Euros and the other day they gave nearly the same room to some tourist for 70.
do you know that i just relized the date of your post. :duh :) So funny. So, maybe you can share your experience on the island. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.