Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Samos
7 Posts
this is the problem with the sensationalised news reports we get in the uk, they concentrate on strikes and demonstrations [which mainly take place in Athena and Theasaloniki] but never mention that it has little effect on the beach tourism side of Greece

yasus
wizard
We went to lovely samos in 2011 and it was quiet then. Hope things pick up for the greek islands soon
We were hoping to book Samos for next year but Thomsons are not flying from Manchester only Gatwick :(
Hi Gail,
plenty of other tour operators to Samos including our favourite Sunvil or for a cheaper deal Olympic
May I agree with rdv about Greek islands generally. I go every year, sometimes more than once; and try to visit a new island every year.
Each island is different, but all with a common theme; and the main theme on an island like Samos is friendliness.
The mix of holidaymakers is changing, indeed has changed. The big drop in the number of Germans is partially being made up from visitors from Eastern Europe, and other nations not traditionally visiting Greek islands so very much, such as the French.
Samos is a great island (I went to Pythagorion) but expensive to get to; once on the island you get tremendous value.
Decided to give Samos a miss due to Thursday flights; back to Parga :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.