Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Easy walking distance from there is "El Zoco", there are about 50 restaurants and bars in one small area with BBQ restaurants, Spanish, Indian, Chinese, Sushi, Fish and Chips, French, Pizzerias, Italian, etc etc.
Personal favourite is the Chinese Japanese Akira Fuji, best value sushi on the coast and very good chinese food too and very friendly staff.
Thanks for you reply.What are the bars like?do they have entertainment?I am hoping my teenage daughter will not get bored,
lots of live music, karaoke etc.
More on offer in the nearby towns such as Marbella, 20 minutes in a car or by bus in one direction and La Cala, (5 ninutes) and Fuengirola (20 minutes) in the other direction.
We won't drive in Spain,just want to chill out for a week and i found it hard to get somewhere near to the centre as we have left it very late.I will know better next year though.
Thanks.
El Zoco is a bit of a trek from Sitio De Calahonda. There is one bar on the complex the 1984 bar - but that is all it is, a bar. They dont have any entertainment. However, take the road through the complex opposite the bar and you can cut through to the bottom,walking past the garden center, there are one or 2 bars there, again not offering much in the way of entertainment, but there are some good shops for supplys. You can also reach the beach this way, if you walk along to your left, it will take you to Cabopino.
Hi elliebee,the owner says that it will only take us 10 minutes at the most to get into town,but that we can get a taxi back for around 3 or 4 euros.We dont mind walking as long as there are no steep hills to climb.
Thanks
Hi Pat, the walk down into town isn't too bad, the walk back is all up hill so a taxi would be better. Although saying that, ive done the walk back loads of times after a few :rofl
I just hope i have done the right thing in booking this resort.It looks really lovely and although we want a peaceful holiday,we do like to go out of an evening.
Do you have any idea how much it would cost in a taxi from fuengirola to Calahonda?The transfers are so expensive and i am trying to keep the costs low.I know i can get a train to Fuengirola and then maybe a can get a cab the rest of the way.What do you think?
Thanks
Pat

You may get a better response if you post in the Airport Transfers, Taxis, etc topic at the top of the forum as the title of this one is restaurants.

luci :wave
Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic,have already asked in the transfers forum,just waiting for a response.
You are very close to the Garden Bar, which is beachside at Rocas del Mar, facing Miraflores reception. I'm sure you would all enjoy the barbecue night there, which features live music and a singer, as well as scrumptious food.
http://thegardenbar.net/services.htm
Garden Bar is great, fantastic place to just sit and relax and look out over the sea but if Elliebee thinks that El Zoco is a long way from Sitio de Calahonda she'd need a flight to get to the Garden Bar from SdC ;)
If you don't mind walking more than 10 minutes Pat you are within easy reach of a lot of very nice places, don't just stick to Sitio de Calahonda. Cabopino is OK but overpriced in some cases and rank bad food in others. Beach is great there but I would never eat (or drink coffee) in Andys Bar again whilst the Beach Bar on the dunes is marvellous.
Elliebee thinks that El Zoco is a long way from Sitio de Calahonda
This all rests on what part of the complex your staying on of course. For us it's too far to walk from Calle De Los Cipreses :)
Some Italian friends of ours get a taxi for anything more than 100 yards :D
Many thanks for all your replies.We are staying at a place called La Cornisa,on Calle De Jaen.I have been looking at a few maps online but they are not very good.I don't mind if we have to walk a bit further,we have covered some miles in Benidorm of an evening!Any way the apartment is just what we wanted,peaceful,comfortable,great swimming pools,and at a good price,what more could we want.
Regards
Pat
Hi

We are thinking about going to an apartment very close to the El Zoco Centre in Calahonda. Are the only restaurants around that area in the centre or are there other restaurants. The only other commercial centre we have been to was at in Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria and it was horrible, full of touts and very stressful. We would also prefer to be outside and a commercial centre sounds a bit claustraphobic. We have never been to mainland Spain we usually go to Fanabe in Tenerife but this is a friend's apartment and looks gorgeous but not sure about the area. Also the beach near El Zoco doesn't look that great - any advice on the beach anyone?

Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.