Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
No use asking me...we wandered round Ao Nang for an evening trying to find a decent Thai restaurant. The one we did try was not a patch on the ones we ate in near our hotel in the Khlong Muang beach area.
If you go along the front road to the crossing, then turn up the hill, there are a few decent thai restaurants up on your right. Dont look much,but food is excellent.
Thanks. We are not necessarily looking for thai restaurants. Just any nice restaurants around that area?
Fantastic bar called the Last Fishermans Bar, sit on the beach watch a beautiful sunset while having a drink and snack, the Last Fisherman Bar is at the far end of Ao Nang Beach, past Golden Beach Resort. Just keep walking along the beach on the pathway for about a hundred metres and you will see the bar. (Walk past the bar and there are loads of massage places as well) Our favourite place to sit back and do nothing!

Krua Thara Seafood at Noppharat Beach is good for fresh seafood, Lavinia Restaurant is good for breakfast, just love their home made rolls filled with crispy bacon and salad, they are on the beach road.

Bernie's Place has an amazing choice of Thai and Western food all buffet style for 220 baht per person. This also includes the BBQ, where you choose whatever meat you want and it is cooked in front of you and many choices of ice-cream and topping, all help yourself.
Happy hour is from 4.00pm - 6.00pm and 10.00pm - 11.00pm
This would also be a good place to take picky eaters as the choices are endless.

Luna Beach Bar has a beachfront dance floor and is at the southern end of Noppharat Thara Beach, just after the bridge from Ao Nang.
We called into this bar one afternoon for a drink; however it was not open, though we could still walk in and have a look around.
Very interesting looking place. We have since heard the place fills up after midnight, has a Thai disco atmosphere, pool tables and mainly caters for the younger crowds.
This bar is located on the beach in front of the Ao Nang Buri Resort, Krabi Nopparat Resort and Srisuksant Resort. There is also a Luna Seafood restaurant which is a new addition.

Tantas restaurant. Head along the beach and turn left at end of road and Tantas is down a little bit on the right (opposite Bernies Place) we had chicken satays, tempura vegetables, Gary had a mussaman curry and I had a lobster with garlic butter, the bill with a couple of alcohol drinks was 1870baht. Another very enjoyable meal.

Have a fantastic time in Krabi, its beautiful there.
Cathy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.