Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Vegasone - that must be Top Nosh, used to be on the main road near the Stonehouse, used to get a lot of mention on here but since moving down the side road seems to be no comments.
Had a good meal there last year - a nice set up in open gardens with paved floor.
yes topnosh its amazing and the thing is its hardly busy as people dont know its there lol
If you are going through Candolim from Calangute it is on the left hand side. Just before you come to the road which goes down to Whispering Palms and on the opposite side of the road to Chocolatti. There is a sign at the end of the road just past some shops which are set back from the road.
Hi
in relation to Newtons the big newtons near beach road and near bending bamboos walk towards sinquerim approx 15mins walk until you get to the whispering palms road on your right and chocolatti then as brenLiz says there is a sign at the end of the road just past some shops which are set back from the road.
Danny
does anywhere do a good roasted chicken anyone know? or any good beach BBQ in baga?
Try Friends in Candolim, sure I seen it on the menu, if not ask and order it, sure anywhere will sort you out.
We're in Goa a the moment and thought I'd mention a new veggie restaurant called Krishna. it's on the main Calangute / Candolim road almost opposite the Cricketers pub - not far off the Nizmar.

It's typical Udupi vegetarian food but really good - their thalis are excellent. The place is very clean with an air conditioned room if it's very hot - and it's terrific value. We've eaten there 4 times already and will certainly be back.
hi

we are looking for a 'proper' chinese in candolim......any recomendations

thanks angie xx
Hi
we have not been here yet but this has been recomended to us
Roys Chinese/Thai restaraunt in Beach Road candolim, On the very first bend in Beach Road it's down a walkway on your right, set back from the road.
Danny
We went to Roys in December, lovely food and reasonable prices, will definately be back there.
hi danny

thanks for your quick reply.....we went to roys and we all thought it was gorgeous......we had crispy spinach chicken, spring rolls, prawn toast,chicken dim sum and salt and pepper chicken.....lovely.....they were out of ribs though so we gotta go back....lol xx
We had a nice meal at Roys too. It's not well signposted and we were the only two in during our whole meal which is a shame as the food is very good
We found a new place in Candolim called Tina's Inn. The name does not really give any clue that is an Italian run by Newtons (and opposite Newtons supermarket). It used to be Casa Sea Shell. On our first visit the service and food was amazing. The quality of the food and service would have stood up to some top London places but only cost us £10 each for steak gorgonzola, steak with garlic prawns, tiramisu and cheesecake (both of which were beautifully presented). We went back the next night with plans to eat in there most of the remaining nights as it was that good. Unfortunately they could not keep the quality up. My husband's steak gorgonzola arrived with no cheese (noticed by the maitre 'd) but when it came back the cheese was more like cheddar and my seafood risotto was awful - a huge bowl of stodgy rice with 1 prawn and a few calamari rings but missing the mussels, clams and prawns other than the one on top for decoration. My home-made paella definitely outshines it!

I so wanted to recommend it based on the first experience, but sadly cannot.
We had a really good meal there too, maybe they were just having an off night.
had a meal opposite football pitch last night above snowys bar....2 of us had big meal and drinks 272 rps...cheapest meal ever
Punjabi Dhaba in Calgute by the steps near the beach 2x currys bread and water 372rps

Fire and Ice =Holiday street Calangute 2 starters King fish Steak and drinks 1010 rps

went to stone house last night always eat there and it was not nice at all, jacket pots burnt meals tiny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.