Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Just got back today from Protaras... The Nicholas Tavern, Anatolia and Promises are definately the places to eat
Any recommendations for a restaurant for light lunch before a business meeting. I'm on holiday with my wife but have to meet someone in the afternoon, so a fine balance which won't upset her too much would be nice, especially as we'll be driving from Paphos. :roll:
Go to Nicolas Tavern and tell him Paul and Kim sent you then sit back and enjoy your lunch :D
Thanks for that. It's the kind of recommendation I like.
There is also a discussion on eating out in Protaras

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=76675
If you only stick to the strip you will miss out on an excellent restaraunt
Turn right at the Spinx Bar and walk past the Anatolia - good though it is - carry on past the crazy golf course or you could have a pre-dinner round of golf to sharpen the appetite.

You will think that you've come to the end of Protaras but persevere walk allong towards Woody's Bar and across the road from there is one of the best Restaurants in Protaras.

Rocks is run by Adam and serves the only best, a mix of Steak House and Cypriot Food, the Lamb Chops are to die for, the Kleftico very special, Sheftalia what can I say. The portions are generous and the host a lovely man.

We have visited Cyprus every year since 1991 and never miss eating at Rocks - Its worth the short walk, I would also recommend the Marmaris for a drink and snack, and super S is a quality cheap place to eat
I've said it before and i'll say it again. To me the best restaurant is the Protomare which is opposite the Odessa hotel on the strip. It's family run and is lovely food. The head chef is the husband. The head waitress is the wife and they have there son there who is a doctor in a hospital in Larnaca but still goes back to the restaurant straight after work to wait tables at the restaurant.
Hello, just wondered what everyones favourite restaurant is on protaras main strip? Or if you have had a not so good experience then tell everyone about it here!!

I'll start...

My fave restaurants are Promises because of the gorgeous cheesecake they do, and Oscars steak house as they do the best tomato soup on the strip! (ooh licking my lips!!!)
Going on 23rd September for my 8th visit to Protaras, eaten in many restaurants over the years. My favourites are, Corner House, Bambos which i believe is no longer there, La Strada, And if you turn right at the spinx bar, there is one down on the left called Rocks. The worst meal we ever had was in the Andama, it was shocking.
Some of the best meals we've had over the years have been in Andama :shock:
Anatolia has had many a visit as has Noufaro and Cordon Blue in Pernera.
Haven't had a bad meal but was very disappointed with Diva
Best meals we've had have been Cordon Blue, Steak and Ale house and La Cultura del Gusto, all in Pernera. Worst was Windmills also in Pernera.
Worst for me was the Sao Paulo above TJ's bar.
wow can't believe no-one has mentioned Nicola 's Tavern on the strip, oscars is also superb as is blue spice.

gazz
Had plenty of great meals in various restaurants, but the worst (and the only bad one we have had) was in Diva. The service was terrible.
I was just about to say that gaz
nicolas tavern gets such fantastic results every year
we have to go there when were in napa this year
have to also say, the worst we had (service only) was in the steak & ale house pernera, when the meals finally arrived they were nice , but the service was awful.

gazz
Can anyone reccomend a restaurant that does good ribs.
I love them and 9 times out 10 end up ordering them if they're on the menu :)
Hi Alex uk,
Georgia's did great barbecued ribs for years. We used to go there specially for them. They do them as a starter or main course. However, the last time we went they were good rather than great. The fact we ate them in pitch black during a powercut maybe took the edge off them!
A rack of ribs is not an easy think to eat in the dark. What a mess! Whoever heard of a resraurant with no candles!!! :lol:
We love Diva's and have always had great meals there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.