Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Faliros is in Kapparis - head out from Protaras to the Famagusta viewpoint and you drive through it. The food and wine is excellent.

See http://www.kapparis.info/biz/faliros/

Marion
Sorry just saw this - looks Marion beat me to it!

I can also recommend the Mikrolimano restaurant, opposite the Golden Coast Hotel. There is a website, but I've got the business card at home and I can't remember the address.

The feta cheese wrapped with pork was out of this world!

Please let me know if anyone wants the address.
I have found the website, in case anyone is interested!

http://www.mikrolimano.com
It would seem Thomas has gone from Nicholas sadly!"
The reasons i will not say just wish him luck 8)
FALIROS Restaurant in Kipparis is just the best. :roll:
Never tried but will give it a go thanks 8)
Me and my boyfriend went to Cyprus-Protaras in 2004 (Aug) and 2005 (Oct). We have never had a bad meal there...well only at the hotel (Silver Sands...not much choice but we planned on eating out anyway...breakfast ok though).

So anyway...heres my recommendations...

full english breakfast....Island Affair.

You get toast and jams, cooked breakfast with beans that actually taste ok...orange juice and tea or coffee. Normally in Protaras you get one drink with your brekfast but here you get two....all for i think it was CYP3.50. Portion size is good too but sit on a big table cos they bring everything out more or less all at once! Never busy in a morning.

Evening Meal.....Promises.

Located above a shop near the top end of the main street. Here i have ate Pizza, Spaghetti Bolonaise...and the Lasagne- it is the best! Prices are very reasonable and the restaurant is extremely clean with friendly funny waiters. The atmosphere is romantic so great for couples but kids are always welcome here too, although not sure if they do a kids menu?
At the end of season they have patio heaters up there because it can drop cooler at night so that is nice. Food always looks and tastes fresh and well presented. But the most fantastic thing about this place is the cheesecake!!!!! Mmmmmm been craving it since October!

Evening Meal....Oscars.

Located at the top end of the main street this restaurant is also lovely and again resonably priced. Food is lovely i had chicken maryland here and also spaghetti bolognaise. But the tomato soup is gorgeous. Again waiters are lovely...the one who always stands at the entrance has a lovely real Rolex encrusted with Diamonds!! You cant miss it!

Both of these restaurants can get busy so go early to get a good table or you may end up sitting indoors. Maybe you can book a table.

There are lots of good restaurants in Protaras...not heard anything bad about any of them...obviously some look better than others but nearly all of them look really nice.

If your a fussy eater like me theres plenty to choose from, but if you like Greek food then its widely available also. Many restaurants have a mixture of both on there menu so your whole party will be suited. Theres also a McDonalds, Pizza Hut, 2 Chinese Resaurants (heard they are expensive but never looked) and a Mexican...but why eat these when you can have them all the time at home!

For snacks and drinks throughout the day theres lots of places you can get these from. mini supermarkets can vary slightly in price so be careful. If you like eating in your apartment theres a big supermarket just out of Protaras...ask your rep or receptonist.

Happy Holidays! :D
loranloran - many many thanks for all those tips! you have answered my questions all in one go lol. good idea to mention the mcdonalds and pizza hut as im sure my two little angels (ages 8 and 4) will have withdrawal symptoms if we have food all the time.

can you tell me though, we are staying at the Issac Apartments in protaras in June this year, is there anywhere to eat/drink whilst on the beach??? If so what is the best ones to use with 2 children, bearing in mind the prices and the food they serve????
oops meant "greek food" all the time lol lol :oops: mucked that up good and proper. any more information greatly appreciated.

also, what is the cheapest supermarket to use to stock up on essentials with?
I think you were right first time lol.

There is a good supermarket on the way to Paralimni. If you will have transport all you do is head up from the strip past Macdonalds and turn right at the lights. Carry on down that road for a couple of miles and you will find a large roundabout. Turn left there and the supermarket is up the hill a few hundred yards near a church.

There is also a bus service from Protaras going through Pernera to Paralimni. I'm not sure of the route it takes after Pernera so not sure if it goes past the supermarket or not.

I think the fare is about 70c, never used it myself as I always hire a scooter and get taxi's of an evening.

Hope this helps as it's the only proper supermarket I know of.
I have always been half board in hotels in Cyprus, so haven't sampled the restaurants.

Going to Protaras again in May with a vegetarian friend and wondered if anyone can recommend restaurants in Protaras or Pernera with a good veggie selection?

We're in a villa and won't mind going to either place in search of a nice meal/good atmosphere. I'm sure some of you will be able to recommend some good places! :lol:
We stayed in Pernera in 2004, family of 4, all vegetarian. Have to say the quality of food was not good, :( most places do have veg options the usual :? lasagnae, omelette,veg burger.............We found the indian to have the best selection and quality!

Cat
Thanks veggiecat - we like Indian so will try that. It's a pity there's not much choice for the non meat eater - hoped we wouldn't be too limited for choice - maybe we'll have to do some cooking ourselves. :(
It looks as if we will be staying at the Marlita Beach (protaras but pernera end I believe?)~ can anyone suggest any good places to eat locally (including kids menu for one MIGHTY fussy child) Is the Nicolas Tavern that everyone talks about nearby? Also, is there supermarket etc close by ~ any recommendations much appreciated ~ thanks!
hi Karen from memory yours id the last hotel leaving Protaras towards Permera near the main E307 (road) there is a bus stop near the hotel if SC then get on the bus to Paralimni and go to the Hypermarket just before you get to Paralimni.. sorry cant remember the name but someone will the bus fair is about 50 cents each way per person

wizard
You mean Orphanides Brian?

Ady
see i knew someone would remember the name

thanks Ady

wizard
Karen,as you said yourself your hotel is in Pernera not Protaras as mentioned above.It is though the last(almost) hotel on the coast of Pernera on the way into Protaras if you are walking the coastal path.There are many good eateries around there with Blue Spice one of the best.There is also a good Italian just up the road towards Tsokkos Gardens hotel.There are a few good ones on the main street in Pernera also.For excellent breakfasts and meals through the day try Zafieros which is hidden along the coast path towards Protaras,only a short walk from the Marlita.Nicolas restauramt is on the main road in Protaras but you'll pass so many other good ones on your way there!!
As for supermarkets there are plenty around your hotel.
Super! Thanks ever so much for your help :) ~ now Ive just got to make that final decision and dish out the cash :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.