Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We ate on the main road - it was next to the resturant with a big picture of a whale as there sign - can't remember the name either but we had a lovely meal there - the owner/chef even came out to make sure we were OK, bless him he was trying to get us to stay on nad have drinks but we had planned to meet family memebers in the main strip.

I think we were the only ones eating there at the time, although with us sitting there it did encourage a few other couples/familes to stop and read the menu wuth a couple coming in. :lol:

I can't wait to taste all the great food again - 3 weeks to go and counting :fly
Here's the Sage website: http://www.sagerest.com/
Don't look at the pictures, they'll make you hungry... and wish you were there :cry:
I certainly will if I get back Keels! Hopefully find out tonight :pele
elizabethmcphee seem to think it was green..and only a tiny place.. going to need a photo to confirm it... :-)
Hi
I will be over end September if you can wait , that long :lol:
Elizabeth
For a really down to earth night with cheap prices and a bar where you help yourself the Louloudia (Chicken Shack) no need to dress up its a gravel floor :lol:
Good wholesome no frills food.

You have to book as its always packed and you need a car its on the road to Versouylles,,,, As you go towards the crossing at Ayia Nick's
Comments removed - Kath HT Admin
Fresh I will alert Kath to this post but I find your comments a little conflicting:-

I have been many times to Cyprus (protaras)

Yet you are posting from Cyprus?
Fresh, youre not an ex employee with agrudge are you? :roll: :lol:

We always have a couple of meals here when we visit Protaras..... we have never had a bad one. Even got free deserts for our kids. :wink:

We shall definately be visiting again in July when we return. :wave xx
Weve been visting Nicholas Taverna every year since 97 and have never had a problem with them or the food,I know the staff are always run off their feet but thats it,and if he treated the staff so badly how come they have been the same since 97! well I know Thomas the head waiter and a girl (can't remember her name)sorry! have anyway.
Maybe you just spoke to a bloke with a grudge!!!!.....
I always go to the Protamare, very good family owned restaurant with very friendly staff. I love the food in there. Also when I get a taxi there the drivers always rave about it. I believe the chef is suposed to be one of the best in Protaras.
in pernera there are many to choose from il cavallerie,la gusto, sizzlers noufaro, blue spice
we came back end of october, we ate in astoria a few times which was very nice, also nicholas which was lovely. Georgia's was another good one, the only one i didn't enjoy was protomare funnily enough but maybe we just made wrong choices, we went for the set menu which was prob a mistake, the service was good though. Overall thought the standard and choice was excellent, favourites were def astoria and nicholas.
No, this is not Thomas, I know Thomas personally
and he will never do this.
And he will probably put the whole menu here for you.
Next time go to nicolas, you will enjoy it there.
Your dinner will not get spoiled.

Your right of course lol
Next August when we go Thomas and Nicolas will recgognise us coming to their place and invite us in even after 2 years by name lol
Great people and great place the waitress in one of my earlier posts still talks my youngest daughter out of season when she is in Bulgaria :shock: and to see the smiles on their faces when we go to the restaurant is reason enuff!
I live in cyprus since 1998 and I have been to nicholas many times,

I talked to Thomas one time in october aday before his birthday on the 19th(i think) about that issue and he avoid answering back to me.
And I think he will not be there for next season.
Anyway, sorry to all of you if I said to much but is true.
I am not going there again.

*Edit libellous comments removed. Fresh you cannot come on this board throwing accusations around about a named person that cannot be proven - Glynis*
Gusto and Sizzlers are out favourites in Pernera.
I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't rate Nicolas Tavern at all. The service was appalling (it wasn't busy) and the food was certainly no better than I've had anywhere else there!

Will not be going back unfortunately. :?

Kezza x
I have to agree with Kezzabelle I'm afraid ... in my opinion, Faliros in Pernera is much nicer for kleftiko than Nicholas Tavern!
Faliros in Penera............. :shock:

OOh, we visit Pernera when we goto Protaras...... will have to keep
a look out for this Restaurant then.

:thanks

Louise xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.