Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Am sure it happens lots of times - but you being in the business well that's funny :lol:

Mind you after aeroplanes recently landing at wrong airports (In Ireland and Spain) anything is possible!

Nivsy
About 8 years ago we ended up at the gatwick airport with hubby and 2 kids a day late . We were going away for xmas. I had even written the baggage labels out earlier in the day with the date we had been meant to have been travelling. Just got it in to my head that we were flying on a wednesday(not the Tuesday)
After paying 40 pounds each for ticket change. Buying a family rail card and 4 tickets to cardiff Taxi to Airport.... and then a taxi when plane landed to take us to resort (which we arrived about a day and a half late .....) The Cost came to about half the price of the holiday again.

Kids never let me forget it ....went to school not a word in their story books about the holiday just the JOURNEY :shock: Everytime I start packing for any future holidays It was sure you got the right day mum!!!!! (they seem to forget hubbys role in the mistake) And even now we are free agent enjoying farway places like kenya and sri lanka child free they still check the tickets for me :D
This reminded me of a friend's teenage daughter who was going out to Spain for a week with a friend, meeting at the airport. They couldn't spot each other and were talking on their mobiles - it went something like "I'm right by the information desk" - "So am I" - "Where?" - "I can't see you". Well, you guessed it ..... one was at Stansted and the other at Gatwick! :rofl
i did something daft aswell, i booked a return flight to galway (ireland) a couple of years ago (had loads of help and got loads of info on this site, im still really greatful :D ) for my self to visit my sister who was living there at the time. My brother decided to come along aswell so i booked hom a place on the same flight a few days later. We got there fine had a wonderful few days and when we went to the airport to go home well i had got the dates wrong and had booked him to go home the day before :oops: so we ended up having to pay 90 euros and he had to wait on stand by! anyway we got back ok, but boy did i feel thick :lol:
:roll:

Well, just imagine how you would feel with all your colleagues, both senior and junior to you standing around trying to repress loud guffawing!!
I have a friend who went for an interview for a check-in job,but turned up at Glasgow Airport instead of Edinburgh,45 miles away! :oops: :rofl
She had to dash over to Edinburgh,admitting her mistake and GOT THE JOB!!! :omg
One bloke I know wanted to go to Girona in spain and ended up in gerona, Italy..where he met the love of his life, fate? I think so!
When my hubby was a teenager, he and his family turned up on the wrong day for their flight :shock:

but it was one of those flights in the wee small hours, when it's easy to get confused......

e.g. 00.40 flight on Friday 17th (say)

means you've got to check in by 22.40 on Thursday 16th

I wonder how often it happens?? :oops:
I just love these stories. Particularly the one where one is at stanstead and one at gatwick, it's a pity there is never someone with a camera to catch the expression on people's faces when they realise what wally's they've been. Our faces must have been priceless. Also when we were standing at the ticket desk talking to a colleague about changing flights a family came up and complained that the check-in didn't have their names on the flight and the ticket desk girl had to point out that they were a week too early! More stories please...
We were bumped off a flight to Bilbao by British Airways and they paid us 250 pounds each and said we would fly 4 hours later 1st class on a Iberia flight.We never did,but that's a long story involving a taxi from Madrid to Pamplona paid for by BA...............cutting to the chase........2 people bumped with us asked us how far was "bellamadena" from Bilbao airport!!, as their friends had invited them over to their villa in "bellamadena" not far from "barbaya"...which they understood as bilbao...........they got a result.............because as the promised Iberia flight did not exist BA said we could keep the denied boarding payment and fly anywhere in the world that day that had seats available,and that couple said that they would fly to Malaga instead (closer to benalmadena by about 1000 miles).........we took a flight to Madrid and BA paid for a quality taxi to take us to our hotel in Leccumberri (close to Pamplona)..........250+ miles in a taxi!!!!!!!........not to be recommended......but it cost BA a packet............
German tourists ends up in Sidney instead of Sydney!

A 21-year-old German tourist who wanted to visit his girlfriend in Sydney, Australia, landed 13,000 kilometres away near Sidney, Montana, after mistyping his destination on a flight booking website.

Dressed for the Australian summer in t-shirt and shorts, Tobi Gutt left Germany on Saturday for a four-week holiday, but instead of arriving "down under," he found himself on a different continent and bound for the chilly state of Montana.

"I did wonder but I didn't want to say anything," Gutt told the Bild newspaper. "I thought to myself, you can fly to Australia via the United States."

Gutt's airline ticket routed him via the city of Portland, Oregon, to Billings, Montana and only as he was about to board a commuter flight to Sidney, an oil town of about 5,000 people, did he realise his mistake.

The hapless tourist, who had only a thin jacket to keep out the winter cold, spent three days in Billings airport before he was able to buy a new ticket to Australia with €600 in cash that his parents and friends sent over from Germany.

"I didn't notice the mistake as my son is usually good with computers," his mother, Sabine, told Reuters.

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.