Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Wrong airport...
15 Posts
I'd advise under the circumstances that you obtain free advice from Ros Fernihough who is a travel law solicitor and often assists our members. Ros can be reached on the following numbers:-

The direct number to Ros's PA Pam is 01922 705134

Or try the switchboard number 01922 633214 and ask for Travel Dept.
i totally agree with glynis, we have just recently used Ros and we got the result we wanted. good luck
Glad to see you took my advice from MSE, funkyzebra.

Good luck with sorting this out.
Thanks very much for the recommendation Prettypollycat and to Glynis & Ellie for the advice - I will be contacting Ros today.
Let us know how to get on - thanks.

Welcome to the forums btw :tup
It won't be a package, I'm sure. Got to be one of these Dynamic Packaging websites I keep warning my customers about.

I'd echo ringing Ros, what they have sold you is not for for purpose.
yourholidays.com part of Hays Travel Ltd...

What does fit for purpose mean pls Agent Q?
It means they sold you something completely wrong for what you needed. You needed Puerto Plata, they sold you seats to the wrong airport.

Were they the cheapest option you'd found while you were looking?
Assuming that they did they did say/imply that this was the correct airport then you might like to have a read of this plain English factsheet

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38337.html for the "Supply of Goods and Services Act ", in particular the Key Facts where it mentions "reasonable care and skill" several times. I think you might have a case!!
agent Q - no not the cheapest but certainly one of them.

Thanks Steve! "A supplier of a service who has broken a contract may also be liable for any consequential loss which is suffered by the consumer"...I guess it's just trying to prove loss of enjoyment etc...?

The whole thing is so infuriating, can't believe they didn't even offer all of our expenses. Grr!
funkyzebra
I just wondered if you managed to get in touch with Ros, and if so, what she said.

Polly
Hi Polly,

I spoke with Ros' PA who said she was going to send me out an information pack. When I receive this I will have to send in all evidence and then she will assess it. Will let you know when I get a response!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.