Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Breezer,
Going on Monday. I'll post a full review when I get back and if there's anything specific you need to know I'll try my best to answer. We're hoping to pay the waterpark a visit while we're there so I'll have some info for you. Cheers,
Shirley
Hi everyone,

got back from Helios Palace late Monday night. I've posted a full review of the hotel and resort. Any specific questions? Had a nice break but glad to be back now.

Shirley
hi shirley

one or two questions for you.
Did you manage to eat in the a la carte restaurant,what was it like?
How much did it cost to have the mini bar stocked,is it cheaper to do it yourself?
Can you choose which sitting you have at dinner.Do you keep the same table?How long do you have at the first sitting?
Did you do any of the excursions?
Thanks in advance

kind regards

Sharpy :)
Hi again Sharpy,

we ate once at the A la carte but could have eaten twice (once per week). Really enjoyed the food (although you could have had some of it in the main restaurant). It was nice to be waited on for a change. You need to book a table for this restaurant the day before with the Maitre'd in the main restaurant. There are 2 different menus displayed on the door of the A la Carte (These didn't change for the fortnight). We assumed that we would be asked which menu we wanted but when the time came we didn't get a choice. We were served the food from menu 2 (luckily, as we didn't fancy much from menu 1). They probably alternate between menu 1 and 2 each evening.

As for the main restaurant, you can decide between 1st sitting (6.00pm- 7.30pm) or 2nd sitting (8.00pm - 9.30pm). Be aware that the food after 1st sitting is all taken away at 7.30 and they like you to vacate your table at this time so they can prepare for the next sitting. We chose 1st sitting and generally started eating around 6.45 which gave us enough time. You are allocated a table which is yours in the evening for the duration. However, you can sit where you like for breakfast and lunch. If you want a no smoking table, they are out on the terrace.

Not sure how much the mini bar was to stock but read somewhere that it was cheap.

Think I've answered most of your questions, get in touch if there's anything else.
hey, did you like?

we passed this hotel and it looked great.

what is the view like from there its hard to tell because of the way it sits.

we stayed in the fenix, was thinking of goin back to sunny beach next year but maybe to a different hotel.

thanx

8)
Hi Michelle-Robert,

The hotel was really nice. Fantastic position as you would have noticed. Our rooms partly overlooked one of the main roads and partly overlooked the Colloseum hotel. The sun was on our balcony every afternoon, which was lovely when we went back from the beach or pool around 4.30 pm. I've written a full review under the Hotel Review section.
Hi, We are looking to book this hotel for next year. As we have 3 boys age 14, 11 and 7 can you tell me if you think this hotel will be ok for them. They like hotels where there are loads of other kids so they can make plenty of friends. Thankyou, Angela.
Hi Angela,

Can't say there were loads of kids there (one of the things we liked about it). There were certainly some families there and the children were well catered for.

They had their own small section to choose from in the dinning room if they didn't like what was on offer in the main section. Also the two pools were really big with shallow and deep sections. The animation team kept the children and adults entertained day and night with games and competitions if you choose. If the children love the beach, this hotel couldn't be closer. What can be better for them (and your purse) than an all inclusive holiday, where they can help themselves to soft drinks from machines around the pool bar.

I'm sure you'd all have a ball. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
thanks for the reply Shirley, Well i booked it! Portland direct had a free child place, we paid £2200 for 2 rooms (requested inter-connecting) the same holiday on Eclipse and thomsons was well over £3200! Really excited as never been to Bulgaria before only ever spain, canaries, Greece etc. We always go all inclusive as we find it really handy that the boys dont have to keep coming to us for drinks etc. Just a couple more questions if you dont mind, Where is the second pool? also, is it wristbands for the all inclusive or card. What time of year did you go? The only thing worrying me is the weather. I have read it can be a bit unpredictable and I am a sun worshipper! Thanks again, Angela.
Hi Angela,

I see you've gone ahead and booked, I'm sure you won't be sorry. The second pool is just to the side of the hotel. Parts of it seemed to be more shaded than the main pool, but depending on the time of day there were some areas in full sunshine. This pool was the quieter of the two as there was no pool bar here (though only across the way from the other pool and bar) and no entertainment. Mind you the main pool was also nice and relaxing.

Yes, wrist bands were the order of the day. They came in quite handy when walking through the resort as you wouldn't be hassled to go into the restaurants if they saw you wearing these.

We were there last month 8th-22nd August. Although it was mainly hot, I wouldn't categorize the weather the same as the Greek weather. It was sometines overcast for quite long periods of time and we also had a couple of heavy showers with thunder. What month have you booked for? Hope I havent put you off, as we came home with a lovely deep tan.
Hi, again, We normally go on holiday in May but next year we have booked to go 20th June for 2 weeks. I'm pleased with what you said about the wristbands, have heard a few stories about being hasseled and we love going for a stroll after dinner. We are all really excited about trying Bulgaria. My eyes will be glued to these threads for the next 9 months! Thanks again, Angela.
Any time Angela,

will be in this discussion forum for a little while yet to answer any further questions then I'll be defecting to the Greek forums as we've booked Corfu for next May and Santorini for August. All the best.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.