Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Riu Helios
53 Posts
Have had letter this morning informing me that Thomson's are no longer flying to Bourgas next year from Bristol.

Urgently need to re-book. Can anyone tell me anything about the Riu Helios?

Any info would be greatly appreciated :wink:
Me & my boyfriend returned from sunny beach on monday night and had a wonderful time. We stayed at the other end of sunny beach but the little noddy train went past the hotel you are enquiring about.

We didnt go in but walked past it quite a lot, it is about 2 mins walk away from the main centre where mcdonalds etc is. It looks very modern and clean from the outside, with a nice little pool and fountain out the front. The only thing that wasnt too impressive is that is had a buliding site facing the front of the hotel. It was fenced in with corrugated iron, and included a few cranes!! I am not sure how long the building work is going on for so may be another hotel by the time you get there next year.

Hope this help a little :?:
Thanx Coyotesj.

I've had to take chance & book hotel anyway. Trying to find something that is suitable for ages from 74 to 13 isnt easy!

Thought it was all sorted with my other booking but that got cancelled. But at least it was 9 months away not 9 weeks as happens to some, which gave me time to look for something.

I'd been trying to find some feed-back without a lot of success but went ahead & booked as there were only 8 rooms available for the time we want to go. If I dithered any longer it probably would have been booked up!

The other one we were looking at was in Elenite but looking at this site there's HUGE probs with that one, so hopefully this will be ok.

If there's still building work going on, perhaps I can get shot of the others & have a diet coke break :wink:

Glad to hear you had a good hol, and thanx for replying :D
Hi Del, just booked riu helios for next Aug. did a lot of research on he place but only found one website with reviews. http://www.bulgariancoast.com. Everyone says it was great. Can't wait for next year.
I believe this is also called hotel helios palace. reviews can be found on http://www.bulgariancoast.com.
Has anyone been to the helios palace. New hotel this year. We're hoping to go next Aug but haven't found many reviews on the place. Only reviews I've found are on http://www.bulgariancoast.com.
No reviews but lots of info on the Riu website.

I'm booked to go next June/July :D
also have you looked on the site www. beachbulgaria.com , we found it really good when we went to bulgaria the year before last. i have heard that all the rui hotels are excellent, we are due to stay in one of theres in nov in the dominican republic, hope you have a good time, do look at the site it is really good
also good info on site http://www.beachbulgaria.com hear all rui hotelss are excellent
still looking for people who have been to Helios Palace in Sunny Beach. Booked for next year and can't believe no-one browsing this site hasn't stayed there. We've booked with Eclipse direct and in their brochure it's called Riu Helios but I've been told that there is a Riu Helios Palace in the same resort :(is it the same one?) :?
Hi Shirley, I'm booked there for next year and have been suprised at the lack of feedback on this hotel, but from what i understand the Riu Helios and the Helios Palace are the same hotel, its the fact that its only fairly recently been taken over by the Riu group that causes confusion with the 2 names.

I've been in touch with someone who used to live in south wales but who moved to Bulgaria to live 5 yrs ago.

My email appears with my profile so get in touch with me & I can let you know what she has told me :lol:
hi
we stayed there this year and no matter how hard you try you will not find fault with this hotel if you want anymore info or photos just let me know
gerry
Hi Jerry, :D
At last someone who's stayed at the Helios. Group of us going next August and only been able to find a handful of reviews on the place (all good). Have you posted a review on this site? If not hope you'll get in touch with some first hand info for me. Main thing I want to know really is are they building directly in front of this hotel and if so is the view obscured from any of the rooms? Also is there noisy building work going on?

Did you eat any of your meals out or was the choice in the hotel extensive? Sorry to bombard you with questions but getting a bit excited having found someone who's stayed there. Would love to see some of your photos. Maybe you could pm me.

Shirley
Have heared from my spy in Bulgaria 8) & apparently they are building infront of hotel but she thinks they'll be finished by next summer, but of course what they're building is a large hotel.......
fingers crossed then Del that it won't spoil the view
hi shirley
yes there was 2 hotels getting built next to us but no work going on while we where there i think 1 will be finished for you going but other will not but dont worry about it as they are at the front of the hotel and the 2 pools and sea are all at the back so will not bother you.
we did eat out a couple of times but not because there was anything wrong with the hotel food just that we like to try different places as we went to old nessebar one night and the four towers which is about 100 yards along the beach from helios and very nice.we also ate one night at millies british bar which is wright next door as we where meeting friends for a nightout.
as for the hotel food i dont think you could ask for better and on the sunday they even had yorkshire pudding and roast beef for the english so i complained as there was no haggis for the scots.
if possible get a room with a sea view as the back of the hotel allthough not noisy you do get the odd bus bringing new geusts to the hotel after midnight as i am a light sleeper i asked to be moved and they sent the beel boy up straight away to move our stuff.
one last thing on the food they also have a resturant where you have to book i day in advance (no extra cost) and it is like a traditonal bulgarian resturant when we went we look at the menu then realised you get everything on it so you can try all different things so give it a try.
i will try and post more later but if you pm me with your email address i will send you some pictures.
cheers gerry
p.s.
you have a great hotel so dont worry
Were looking at booking this hotel for around september time.
Found some good reviews of the hotel here:

http://www.albena.com/hotels/comments-reviews.asp?hid=355&rid=15

Hope this helps.
Weve been looking at booking this hotel for around september time.
Found some good reviews on this site:
http://www.albena.com/hotels/comments-reviews.asp?hid=355&rid=15

Hope this helps.

Cheryl
I sent an email to this hotel asking for a quiet room and whether there is a fridge in the room.

The reply (which wont let me copy and paste) said...
The reference you hae given us indicates your room is behind the hotel and behind the min entrance. we will give you a room there as it is quiet.

There is a fridge in all rooms and there is no charge for it.

hope this helps some one else
Just hope we dont end up with a view of a wall or someone elses room!
Allison
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.