Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
There are some small shops in Olhos D'Agua which you will see on the way in. These are almost outside the Riu Palace - on foot that is.

There is an Ecomarche shop just along the road towards Albufeira at the traffic lights and a larger Intermarche supermarket 3 or 4 minutes walk further along the same road.

BTW as a general rule many larger supermarkets do not sell cigarettes but there are plenty of alternatives.
When we stayed at the Port Bay Falesia in Olhos in January we found the Economarche cheaper than the larger supermarkets and it was certainly cheaper than the hypermarket at the Algarve Shopping village! The Economarche looks small from the outside but was suprisingly well stocked.

Pippa
Thanks for the info,haven't been to the algarve before so really looking forward.not going till the 19th November a pre xmas break with the girls!
is the riu palace not A.I.? the ones we have stayed in the Caribbean are A.I. ( Mexico+ Dom Rep)
No its half board,there is a riu opposite that's all inc but its not a riu palace,think its a riu club?I really must put a review on as it is a wonderful hotel!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.