Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
if you look under just portonova apartments on http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk few reviews here i know because ive looked at this for our familly.
I holidayed at the Portonova Apartments for 15 years from when I was 10 until 25 - my dad owned one of the apartments before they were brought out by ROC. We have also just come back from a different hotel in Majorca and visited the Portonova one evening. The pool area still looks very nice, lots of plastic white sunbeds with blue mattresses, there was a singer on the evening we visited out by the pool area. There is also an indoor pool. The one bedroom apartments have a double bedroom with a double sofa-bed in the lounge/diner. The kitchens are small but have enough to rustle up a quick meal. Years ago the air conditioning was not very effective, but I would imagine it has been improved when ROC took over. The area surrounding Portonova is lovely - it is right opposite the small marina, and literally 3 minutes walk from numerous cafes, restaurants and bars. If you want a good recommendation for a restaurant it has to be CIROS. (turn right out of Portonova and cross the road so you are next to the sea, walk straight ahead for about 5 minutes and you will come across CIROS). Beautiful food, lovely surroundings and friendly staff. I could go on all day (i love Portonova and Palma Nova) but obviously I dont want to bore you - if I havnt already!! :wink:
Has anyone stayed at these apartments in Palma Nova. I have read only 2 reviews, one good :D and one poor :( . They look nice and appear to be in a good location right on the beach, but would love to hear more. :? :?
Looking forward to hearing from you
My husband and some mates have booked into these apartments for a golf week-end but I have been reading some bad reports about the hotel being very dirty and apartments getting broken into. Has anyone stayed here recently?
I have read the reviews and because they are so mixed, I would like to know if things have improved.

My husband has been on golf holiday before in Spain and his room was broken into and lots of stuff taken. He has learned his lesson and will not take expensive items with him and will get a safe, but golf clubs are expensive and if they are taken, then your holiday is obviously ruined.

If things are still bad at these apartments, he will pay extra for a nice hotel.

Any comments are apprecitated.

Annie xx
Has anyone stayed here recently as there doesn`t seem to be a lot of recent reviews,thinking of staying here this summer,thanks tony
Merged with existing topics which may have some information.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.