Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Both these hotels would probably take 45 mins to walk to Bar Street if thats where you want to go for nightlife. The Ideal Pearl is located in Siteler area and I would say it is approx 3 km to the Marina/Bar Street area. The Royal Garden is in Armutulan and is about maybe 2.5km away. It would be easy just to flag down a dolmus to make the journey along, they run every few minutes and are so cheap. It would probably take less than 10 minutes to get along to the Marina. There are lots of bars on the doorstep of both these hotels and many more on route .. you might not even reach Bar Street! Remember the price of drinks there will be higher!
I didn't realise there was so many different parts! I have never been before lol.

Do you know of a good all inclusive hotel near this Bar Street?

The Dolmus is that like a bus? Do they stop running at a certain time do you know?

The price of the Royal Garden has just dropped by £100!!!! I'm waiting untill September to book.

Thanks for your help!!!
Have a look at this link and you will see both Siteler and Armutulan areas. Bar Street is away along at the marina/harbour and is marked on this map.

http://www.troysan.com/marmaris2.jpg

Sorry , although we have visited Marmaris many times I havent stayed in any all inclusive hotels so cant offer any recommendations of ones near Bar Street. All the ones I know of are either in Siteler or Armutulan. Sure other posters will offer advise about this.

The dolmus is like a mini bus, if you wave they will stop anywhere to pick you up and drop you off. They do run late but cant say exactly when they stop.
Hey I'm due to visit the Royal Garden on 31st August, was there 2 years before and can honestly say its in a great location as it is quiet enough but the dolmus stops every two mins outside the hotel door to take you to the centre of Marmaris where Bar street is etc. The dolmus is so handy and runs until 1am. What we done was usually got the dolmus which I believe is now 1.25 lira after dinner outside the hotel and went into the centre for the night. The dolmus is a great experience as well as you meet loads of other holiday makers on board as well.
oh glad you have stayed there! is the food as good as it says on the reviews?
To be honest when I was there two years ago as it had just sort of opened it was average. Saying that there were two couples altogether in our party and the two men got sick (man flu) and decided to blame it on the food and also decided they weren't eating in the restaurant again so I had no choice other than to follow but from what I had in it was good, the reviews have improved so much since my last visit and now really looking forward to visiting the hotel to see the great changes and try the food properly with my new partner. :) It sounds really good only another 10 ten days :cheers
Oooh that's a shame! Glad you are going again and be able to take advantage of the facilities this time! Could you please post as soon as you get back what it was like in this thread? It would be great to know from someone who has just been?

Thanks!
I certainly will, the new pictures on tripadvisor look great. I'll update you after 7th September :cheers
hi
my sister is not long back from the royal garden and is going back in oct the hotel was that good she say's it's beautifull and is spotlessly clean and the food was excellent .the buses run every 10min and it takes about 5min to get to marmaris she says they cant do enough for you here. :wave:
Hi

I have just returned from the Royal Garden and it was one of the best holidays my family has ever had. The entertainment team were fantastic both day and night. The pool party is not to be missed. I am a fussy eater and enjoyed the food as did my children. The snack bar serves a good range if you miss breakfast or fancy a change. None of our party of 7 were ill. I drank mainly beer and vodka and both I found acceptable and strong enough for me. We ate out a couple of times but that was only for a change. My only gripe was the sunbed situation as half of them start to be in the shade from 2:00 pm and if you want one in the sun all day be prepared to reserve it from 5:00 am!

I am already looking to book again for net year.

Enjoy your holidays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.