Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi, i was just wondering when the rest of Ryanair's summer 09 schedule is going to be released, they've already done up to the end of June, any idea when July and August will be offered?

Thanks,
Nick.
:wave:
£10 return for a nqy to gerona.flight.

Out £1 plus £4 b/fee
Back £1 plus £4 b/fee.

NO bags no check in fees for £10 I could not buy a curry and a coke.

? why if any empty seats you can not sit in the front or back of the plane?
why if any empty seats you can not sit in the front or back of the plane

assuming you mean at take off .. the answer is trim this is most important on take off the pilots will want the cargo [passengers] balanced around the point of rotation [usually around the wing area]

I'm sure one of the experts will give you more info

wizard
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
I'm sure one of the experts will give you more info

There's nothing else to add Wizard, perfect explantion!

Aircraft are like seesaws, they have a balance point (or centre of gravity). If the balance isn't within design limits, ie there is too much weight forward or rear of the centre of gravity, the aircraft has to compensate for this imbalance. As wizard mentions, this is called trim. The horizintal stabiliser (the small wings on the back) control the aircrafts pitch (up and down). These can be trimmed to balance the aircraft but only up to a certain point. An unbalances aircraft is less stable and flies through the air less efficiently, therefore using more fuel (because of drag). That's why passengers are asked to sit around the wing area (centre of gravity) when flights aren't full.

Darren
I've just booked for Easter from Glasgow to Tenerife for 4 total price £900. The nearest price was Monarch at £1300 from Manchester & dearest Thomsonfly at £1900. Even though we live in Yorkshire driving up to Glasgow I think is worth it for the saving. Its our first time with Ryanair so I hope I don't end up eating my words!
I am due to travel in a group of 5 to Dublin on Tuesday, but due to unforeseen circumstances, one of the group has had to pull out. We will be using the Check and Go facility. Is it possible to just check 4 of us in? Or do I have to ring them up and cancel the missing person? And will there be a charge?!

Thanks in advance.
ryansf,

You can just check-in the travelling passengers and leave the one not travelling out. They will just go down as a 'no-show'. You could inform them that the passenger won't be travelling, there won't be a charge (or a refund!).

Darren
Thanks for that! The flight was only £2 per person so nothing to worry about!
Hi all this may have been asked before but I cant find it .Does anyone know when ryanair release their summer 09 schedules many thanks brian
Tubs -

I assume you know but just in case you dont - Ryanair Glasgow flights leave from Glasgow Prestwick Airport and not Glasgow International.

Glasgow Prestwick is on the Ayrshire coast.

Nivsy.
Thanks Nivsy, as it happens I do know, but I'll admit I didn't when I first booked!
On a slightly different matter going to Dublin for the day on Saturday with Australian g/f.

Was going to check in on line but notice a statement saying only eu pass holders can do this.

Is this really the case? She has Australian passport with British work visa.

As its a day trip we did not pay for baggage etc becasuse there is none.

Now I know why I rarely use Ryan air - too much hastle. Any thoughts?

Nivsy
hi,anybody know if ryanair have stopped flying teeside -alicante,i can only find flights untill 18th dec and nothing after,cant find anything on there website :que ,cheers kev
kevin shute,

They've probably dropped it for the quieter winter season until things pick up again in 2009.

Darren
My daughter age 16 is flying to France next saturday with her boyfriend age 18. I have looked on ryanair's web site and it states that children aged 14/15 need a form filled in by a parent/guardian at the airport. Can anyone confirm that as she is older than this I do not need to give parental agreement to her flying and would thus not have to go to the airport as well.
Many thanks
sorry general rules used by airlines anyone under 18 is a minor, [even if married] and therefore need prenatal consent, usually a letter is sufficient, check with the airline and see if they will accept a letter of consent
hi,anybody know if ryanair have stopped flying teeside -alicante,i can only find flights untill 18th dec and nothing after,cant find anything on there website ,cheers kev

Flights from March 31st 09 available.

Robby :wink:
Hi

i've made a booking this afternoon, shows confirmed, even let me do my api for the flight but as yet i haven't got my email confirmation.

should i worry?

joules
As long as the reservation shows as confirmed and you have a booking reference, I wouldn't worry too much about the email just yet. On a few occasions, it has been several hours or even the following day before I have received the email. But if you haven't already done so, it would be worth checking your junk/spam folder just in case it ends up there.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.