Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
TFS1,

It's normal to book the flight for 'baby Surname' and ammend the booking to update the christian name after the birth. I'm sure Ryanair is no different but I would give them a call to make sure that's there policy and ensure there won't be a charge. The infant has be 8 days or older to be accepted for travel.

Darren
Darren,

Thanks for that - not sure if I want to pay £1 a minute to check it out but if thats the only way, will do.

On a different subject, we got back just after midnight last night from Tenerife (to MCR) on an Easyjet flight and we had IFE - we had Mama Mia both ways (if you know what I mean !) - do Ryanair also have IFE for their Tenerife flights ?

Regards Chris
TFS1,

Ryanair don't have any IFE. It's one of the ways they keep costs down.

Darren
The Easyjet IFE would be on the Airbus 320 - ex BA Gib aircraft I guess. The Ab319's dont offer any entertainment.

Nivsy
My wife uses her middle name as her first name and she's booked with Ryanair for a weekend with the girls from her work. She has been booked with the name she uses. She's been told Ryanair won't let her board unless she pays a ransom of £80 because her name must be exactly the same as on her passport. Is this true?
sorry to say the name you book under MUST be the same as that on the passport, all will make a charge to correct your own errors but RA are renowned for excessively high prices
I've heard this about Ryanair and that's why I'm asking.

I've always booked holidays this way and never had any hassle, the name does appear on her passport, just not in exactly the same way. The name on her passport is Violet Carol Ann King and her booking is Carol king. Surely that's not worth an £80 charge?
fca rules are quite clear the name on the booking must be the same as that on the passport [strange as most airlines will only use first initial, but it must still match] they have even been known to refuse carrage when just one letter is messed up [eg y instead of I in Brian] sorry but your stuck with it [unless you can persuade them to do it cheaper

wiz
It's impossible to do that, it only asks for a first name and a last name on the booking form.
its the first name [as on the passport] and surname [as on the passport] that have to match although many airlines will only print... Mrs V.King on the ticket..
Just a thought have you provided the API information as required by Ryanair and what name did you use there.? may make no difference at all but at least you may have told them a name on which you wish to travel and the passport details will registered with Ryanair.

Dave.
The good news is that they have now changed their mind and have changed her details for £8. :)

Sometimes it pays to persist.
Hi guys,I should probably post this in the Hand Luggage section but not sure if all operators sing from the same hymn sheet.We'll be using Ryanair for the first time this weekend and have been asked to take some items with us for presents.Don't laugh but one is Chocolate Liqueurs and I don't think we'll be able to take them,could anyone confirm or deny please.
dav,

First thing I would say with taking present for someone is, if asked by security are you carrying any items for other people, answer no!!! (assuming you meant carrying them wrapped by other people). Strictly speaking it's a white lie but it'll land with loads of questions otherwise. Also, make sure you are 100% confident as to the contents of the present as you don't want to find something inside you weren't expecting if quized by security. The classic is mini-scissors in crackers.

As for chocolates in hand luggage, you should be fine with them. They aren't classed as liquids / gells as far as I know.

Darren
The classic is mini-scissors in crackers.

Errr ... crackers and party poppers are banned in Ryanair's luggage whether it be carry-on or in the hold because of the 'explosive' content, so please be advised not to carry them - applied to Easyjet and other scheduled carriers too.
Alsacienne,

That was just an example to be careful. The CAA actually allow crackers but not party poppers as it's been found there is enough black powder in a box of party poppers to cause a security issues, but not in crackers. Airlines have different regulations though (in the case of low cost carriers, to minimise the amount of rubbish to clean between flights as they have very tight turn around times).

Darren
Darren,thanks for the reply.I should have been more specific by saying the items that we are taking over wouldn't be wrapped,they are really things that have been requested as they can't be bought where they are.Another is pot pourri oil which I'll need to put in the clear bag along with toiletries.
Another question if that's ok.We are only taking hand luggage but my other half will be taking a puffy jacket which would bulk up a holdall considerably.Would she be able to remove the jacket and carry it through check in and put it back in the holdall once through security.I know the easy answer would be to wear the thing on the day of travel but it wouldn't look right with what she'll...............well i'm sure you can guess the rest!!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.