Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Well I'm bout to head of to Liverpool airport, and fly out with Ryanair, goig with an open mind, and luggage well within the limits; suit case 18kg, hand luggage, small ruck sack, and weight 6kg

One of my friends, trading standards even weighed the case with there own scales, and then I weighed them with my own, my hand held scale just over the 18kg

So I should have no problems, boarding pass going to get them looked over, just to see that they scan, and if all goes well, going to have a relaxing holiday

And it all goes to say, if I get good customer service, I could easily fly with them next year to the same resort
18kgs is fine as long as you have paid for 20kgs allowance. Ryanair standard baggage allowance is 15kgs and you pay extra for the additional 5kgs.

ETA - Sorry I mean 15kgs is standard if you pay for hold baggage. There is an additional fee on top of that to increase the allowance to 20kgs.

luci :wave
hi luci....last time we flew with ryanair we only took the 10kgs hand luggage...we were only going for 4 days...and they were charging for each piece of checked in hold luggage on top of ticket ...there was no hold luggage included in price....it had to be selected and paid for as an extra...so hope joeseptuk has paid for his 20kg allowance....the fact he says 18kgs so under sounds like he is working on 20kgs , which is the old standard allowance for a lot of airlines and for package holidays...

joeseptuk...please tell us you have paid for 15kgs plus 5 extra kgs.....tweetie
Hi everyone, have gone through departures, and cant fault ryanair, and the staff at the checkin desk, all though maybe just out of bed, they were friendly

My baggage, yes I paid for 20kgs, as I am away for 2 weeks, and case weighed around 18.9kg, want to keep my hand luggage for all electrical equipment

Baggage drop opened at 4am, 3 hours before flight, as opposed to 2 hours as advertised, on web site

Going through security was a breeze, even though more passenger were arriving all the time
Thanks Tweetie Pie. I meant 15kgs was standard if you paid for it and 20kgs was an additional fee on top of paying for 15kgs. My post wasn't clear so I have edited to hopefully make it clearer.

luci :wave
Ryanair unveils new UK base

Ryanair has announced that Manchester will be its next UK base.

The airline will initially base two aircraft at the airport from October operating 17 routes.

By summer 2012, it plans to grow to four aircraft and 26 routes.

Ryanair said its new base will deliver up to 2 million passengers a year and create 2,000 jobs.

The 26 Manchester routes go on sale on its website tomorrow (Wednesday).

The routes are Alicante, Barcelona (Girona), Bezier, Bremen, Brussels, Dublin, Faro, Frankfurt, Ibiza, Katowice, Madrid, Malaga, Memmingen, Milan, Murcia, Oslo, Palma, Paris, Reus, Rome, Rzeszow, Tallinn, Tours, Tenerife and Valencia.

With permission from Travelmole
Just a shame that they've not put Karlsruhe-Baden on the list ...........
..and what would they have called it if they had! Presumably "Brussels" will actually be Charleroi, "Frankfurt" will be Hahn, "Milan" will be Bergamo - I'm just surprised that they haven't called Memmingen "Munich"!
steve8482 wrote:
..and what would they have called it if they had! Presumably "Brussels" will actually be Charleroi, "Frankfurt" will be Hahn, "Milan" will be Bergamo - I'm just surprised that they haven't called Memmingen "Munich"!

Actually Ryanair do call Memmingen, Munich West. It's about 120Km from Munich..
I knew I'd seen that somewhere! May as well call it Stuttgart South, it's only a bit further!
FKB - Karlsruhe-Baden is actually an accurate geographical description of the airport's location .... but I suppose it would be considered Strasbourg East in Ryanair parlance!!
Pre-boarding Liverpool-Rimini 3rd July ....7am

With 15 min before the gate number would appear on screen, one of the ryanair crew, called any passengers waiting, with luck I was passing by, and was at front of queue, boarding card was not scanned at all, is this the norm now, only place boarding card was scannned was at security

Baggage, didnt see any bags getting weighed, but alot were getting asked to place there bags into cage, and some bags were tight fittting, but they were allowed on flight with the bags

Note about about being only allowed to have one hand luggage, in the duty free there was a notice, stating ryanair and easyjet, will allow a second bag, as long as it is duty free, so you could have your hand luggage and duty free aswell, and not need to put the duty free in your bag

Priority boarding, there was a couple on the flight, with 3 children, and had paid for priority boarding £50, I consider they have been ripped of, as they would not need it. It only really comes in handy when ryanair call the gate, and everyone rushes, so if you then have priority boarding, it comes in handy

Simple solution to priority boarding, make it a voucher, that you can use any time, or give it to someone else, so if you turn up at the gate, and if your the first one there, you dont need priority boarding, but if tyhere 30 people in front, then you need it

Flight to rimini, was smooth, seats...yellow in colour not that of putting, but when we arrived....the fanfare, do they really need to do that every time

Now getting ready to head home sunday morning, and heading back to rain, and cold weather, compared to what we have been having here in Italy, sunny 35òc, I wish I could stay for another two weeks

Overall service so far with ryanair, I have been happy, just need to see how rthe return leg goes
We popped back to the uk for a couple of days recently and noticed that East Midlands also have the '2nd' carryon bag allowed as long as its from a airport shop outlet. As Joeseptuk says no need to squeeze airside purchases into your one piece of hand luggage and presumably mainly done to keep the airports shops happy and doing business !

Chris
Just got home

Rimini, arrived at 9am for the 11.10 flight to Liverpool, in hind sight, we should have got there earlier, maybe for 8am

When we arrived, there were alot of itailian school children, about 100 on a school trip, going to London eventually, so these kids held up the queue, as they all had bags. But good on ryanair, they relalised the problem, and called on any UK passengers, to go to desk 7 and check-in

Straight through security, no time to browse or buy duty free, but there was a notice on the walls, a second bag is allowed, as long as its is duty free, hand luggage in security some bags were getting weighed, and re w-weighed at boarding gate

We headed down stairs to boarding gate, wasnt long till we boarded, my self and the other person from the hotel, we grabbed seats together, wondering where the noisy children were going to seat. At the boarding gate ryanair crew did some securtity checks on some passengers, by requesting to look in there bag

Boarding cards were scanned whne possible to do, and as I found out my boarding card would not scan, and I was told to proceed to the plane

After take of the cabin crew were kept busy, serving hot meals, and soft drinks, flight was a bit rough over france/italy, no point looking out windows, as you could not see anything....clouds

Arrived Liverpool 12.40, and getting through security was a nightmare, as 2 othe flights had just landed before us, and as we walked towars passport control, the heavens pour down, and most of the passengers wearing shorts, t-shirts and sandals, and not forgettting it was freezing

Marks out of 10 for my first ryanair flight 9/10, would I fly with them again...Yes
The queues at Liverpool are a problem that isn't restricted to Ryanair. Are they still having people queue down the steep stairs?
Yes, still have to queue at stairs, and some were left out in the heavy cold rain, on sunday

Just as we had landed, and began to ofboard, the heavens opened up, and it poured down
Are you hacked of with high fares, well Rebekah Brooks is hacked of, and going to fly with ryanair
anyone know what days the manchester to valencia flights will be on. The local paper here in Spain says it will be 2 days a week but doesn't mentioned what the days are ! As expected the Ryanair schedule doesn't go that far in advance - I believe they start in the spring of 2012.

Thanks chris

UPDATE, should have looked at their website a little more, flights days are published and they fly on Mondays and Fridays. The current fares are silly prices so will keep using East Midlands when we fly back as they are much more realistic prices.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.