Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi shamus, that happens to me sometimes too, and yes you can reprint the boarding card up to 4 hours prior to boarding, if necessary :)
Thanks madsue glad someone has same problems as me. It does create problems sometimes when you are booking something online, especially when some companys do not email you with confirmation.
Consumers warned of danger of pre-paid plastic

Consumers using pre-paid cards, including Ryanair's new own-brand MasterCard, have been warned that they are not protected by the financial compensation scheme is the card provider goes bust.

The warning comes from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), which is concerned that consumers using the cards could be unaware that they are not covered.

Ryanair announced last week that it was launching its own MasterCard, which will be the only way for customers to avoid paying an administration fee when they book flights.

Holidaymakers also use pre-paid cards as an alternative to credit cards and travellers cheques overseas as they can load them with the amount of local currency they want, making it easier for them to budget.

FSCS chief executive Mark Neale told The Times: "Those people who already have a card, or are considering getting one, should be aware that they are not covered by the FSCS.

"This means that if the provider goes bust then cardholders will lose all of the money on their card and will not be eligible for protection."

With permission from Travelmole
Ive checked in online and printed my boarding pass, now do I tear bit at bottom where it says tear to here or do they do it at airport?
shamus,

Don't tear it off, it'll invalidate the boarding pass. Both sections have to be attached when presented at the boarding gate were the gate staff will tear it off.

Darren
shamus,

At the gate boarding staff frequently ask everyone to PART-tear the boarding passes just along the dotted line bit but making sure both parts are still attached. This allows them to rip off the last bit, thereby making their job a little easier and assist/speed up the boarding process.

Suggest you wait until you are at the gate before you do anything and maybe leave it complete to make sure you dont have any problems !

regards, chirs
Thanks for your answers will leave it alone.
hi,

I have checked in online for a flight to Spain next week (was going Friday) but now need to go earlier. I have now booked and checked in online for a new flight for a few days earlier (Wednesday).

What happens regarding boarding etc to my later flight (ie Friday) that I have checked in for but now not going to use ? I'm expected but not travelling.

Regards, Chris
On 13 Sep David HT Mod wrote:
Ryanair launches branded prepaid MasterCard ... and an additional fee if using any other prepaid MasterCard

Ryanair will introduce the 'Ryanair Cash Passport', its own branded prepaid MasterCard, from 4 October.

Ryanair's £6 per passenger/per one way flight administration fee will not apply when using that new card, but from 1 November the fee will apply when using any other prepaid MasterCards which were previously exempt from the charge.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-branded-prepaid-mastercard

David :wave

Ryanair prepaid card customers face 'hefty' fees:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borrowing/creditcards/8793353/Ryanair-prepaid-card-customers-face-hefty-fees.html

Perhaps the Telegragh could share with all of us all the User Guide rather than the headline negative 'one liners' that they have included in their article.

My current Prepaid Mastercard has an inactivity charge. If I dont use it for 6 months I get charged a fee every month until I start using it again and the 6 month countdown starts again from the last transaction - so the Ryanairs card appears to be adopting the same principle. A transaction could be buying something or just loading some money on.

Anyone seen or can direct us to this Guide (?) so that we can decide if its worthwhile having or not.

Thanks Chris

UPDATE: had a look around the internet and although the following link doesnt list the actual guide it does include further fees etc that the Telegraph hasnt included. Trust its ok to include this here.

http://www.compareprepaid.co.uk/cards/travel-money-cards/09/2011/%e2%80%98ryanair-cash-passport%e2%80%99-%e2%80%93-fees-revealed/
Hi Chris ... not sure if the public will be able to access the user guide prior to the 4 October launch date.

Robertk,

you were spot on regarding the £150 minimum load.

Regards, Chris
The Ryanair website now includes the ability to order your Ryanair Prepaid Cash Passport Mastercard. Go to the Ryanair website and from the home page click on Credit/Prepaid Cards tab and off you go !

All T&Cs included.

Regards Chris
re prepaid Cash 'Passport' Mastercard 'small print' and the following point.

Ryanair Benefits and Introductory Offers
No transaction fees when purchasing flights on Ryanair.com (all administration fees and transaction fees are waived)*, receive a Ryanair flight voucher to the value of the card purchase fee and earn bonus flights**

*/** Waivers may be withdrawn or amended at Ryanairs discretion. You will be notified of any changes via email. Bonus flights are subject to availability. Terms and Conditions apply

Anyone keen to predict when the 'no transaction fee benefit / introductory offer' will be removed/amended - make the most of it ! I can see in 12 months will be encouraged to use the Ryanair Prepaid Mastercard to get a massive 50% discount on the £6 admin fee !

Regards, Chris
never mid how long the fee waiver lasts - it's the bonus flights that ring alarm bells with me. Does it show the spend/bonus rate? and dare I ask what the avialblity limit will be?
Steve,

Use the new card and spend £2000 a quarter (on anything but Ryanair flights) and you get 1 return flight, spend £5000 and you can also take the missus ! ie 2 return flights. Hardly the deal of the century - does the free flight include fees etc etc or do you pay for these - not clear in the T&C's.

Chris

ps friend of mine has applied for the card so this part of the process is working ahead of the 4 October launch date.
Really dim question, just double checking really, we are flying to Poland for two nights, understand how to do online check in on way there, but what about for the return, I'm assuming we do it before we go?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.