Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thats bad toastedmallow my brother uses them a lot to go see his daughter in England ...colleen
Hi toastedmallow ... Ryanair should be writing to all those affected (at the email address used during the booking) to confirm details of the cancellation and refund process.

David :wave
hi.....have used Ryanair only once before about 4 yrs ago.......now am wanting to arrange a birthday trip for my son to portadventura in Salou with a friend in october.....with out bancrupting myself...Ive got it all researched and planned....and its looking good for go......flight is with Ryanair to Reus....and Im not as confident as Id like to be......its a sunday 6.15am morning flight out and a wednesday 12.05 lunch time flight back......as only 3 nights away decided we would get by with hand luggage...these are the things that are worrying me....anyone got any answers

1/ Has Ryanair ever canceled a sunday flight....worried that as is middle of october if not enough demand for flight they could cancel it and I wont be able to get another flight on that day or be able to afford one...

2/ I was going through the booking routine to find out how much the tickets were going to cost...on top of page it listed the flight cost for each day of that week ....they were £13.49 each way .....meaning £87 aprox for 3 return flights.....got to the page with outward and inward flights detailed and full cost on the bottom of £110.......there was a small circle with a dot in ...it was in top left hand corner of the flight details....next to it it said no tax....tried clicking on it to see if dot dissapeared thinking it might then show price of flight with tax....but nothing happened......so I clicked continue thinking I would get full flight cost...but just page asking for all my details......I can afford the £110 it is asking for 3 tickets ....but worried if I continued with the booking it would add taxes on and the final bill will be a lot more than the £110.....can any one enlighten me ..

3/ Is it still 10kgs hand luggage allowance.....as am on a buget and 10kgs is enough dont want to have to pay for 3 cases.....

I decided to try this DIY....but vital I can trust these flights....and they are the price I think they are.....me being a panicker as usual...tweetie
I believe the price you see with Ryanair includes tax if there is any and also the online check in fee. It seems they don't charge tax on every flight.

Be aware that you will be charged if you use anything other than a pre-paid Mastercard.

Yes it's still 10kgs. I think the dimensions are 55 x 40 x 20cm, but best check the site. Take luggage scales with you so that you can fill your pockets if you are a little over!

Just flew back with them yesterday and they were very good. Flights were early both ways, planes spotless. We had our hand luggage weighed on the way out, but not on the way back. It just depends which airport you are flying from.

luci :wave
thanks luci....you hear so many stories about things being added on after you commit yourself that I was unsure....about putting stuff in your pockets...how do you go about that....at which point do they weigh your hand luggage....when you check in or when your going through gate for boarding....

We will be going liverpool to reus and back....I have flown this route about 4yrs ago with Ryanair....but so much has changed....if I remember right we had to phone to confirm before flight....but dont remember any online check in.....and last time we had hold luggage....this time we wont......

Manchester airport has the new security screening.....and recently we flew with thomascook ....did on line check in but still had to go check in desk to get printed out boarding cards exchanged for the usual card ones...has liverpool got the same barcode security system as manchester

So whats the routine with Ryanair.....check in online....print out boarding cards.....go to airport....then what happens......tweetie

ps....edited this as got mixed up and said I was flying out from manchester when it was liverpool
So whats the routine with Ryanair.....check in online....print out boarding cards.....go to airport....then what happens

NORMALLY you turn up at the airport in good time ... say 2 hours before

** with your printed boarding cards (A4 sheets of paper in your case) with your hand luggage in correctly sized containers (as Luci mentioned) (As you are away such a short time, check in for both your outward and return flights so you have both sets of boarding passes!!)

** making sure that your 'liquids' (toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo) are all smaller than 100 mls and are in a resealable clear plastic bag, separate from all your other bits so they can pass through the scanner separately

** making sure that you only have ONE bag per person (no handbag or lap top in addition with Ryanair!!)

** go to the security check

** pass into the airside shopping area, and check which gate your flight leaves from

** go to your gate at least 30 mins before the flight is due to take off and join the massive queue

** remember that if you buy anything airside, it MUST fit into that 'one bag' ... no extra bag of dutyfree or magazines allowed.

Hope this helps a bit! Enjoy your break ... it sounds great and spontaneous and I hope that you have good weather.
Tweetie I would say if it says "no taxes" it was a special price that excludes them . After jumping through all the hoops and not selecting any of their extras do be aware though that when you get to the final payment page Ryanair will play their trump card and charge you a fee of £10 per person to pay unless you have a pre-paid mastercard . If you havn't got one there is a topic on how to obtain one . I got one instantly from phone4U (escape card)

Dont be frightened to use them. I find the likes of EJ & ryanair often to be more reliable in terms of getting away on time than many of the T/O charter flights. You just need to play their game .

Good luck . I always feel a terrific sense of achievement when I have managed to outsmart Ryanair charges and book a flight for peanuts. :)
Good luck . I always feel a terrific sense of achievement when I have managed to outsmart Ryanair charges and book a flight for peanuts.

Me too!! ;)
hi and thanks for the info lynwestie.....thing is some of these prepaid cards charge you a fee for just having them....and also am booking tonight or tommorrow.....just waiting for the ok from work.... normaly not allowed more than 2 weeks of my 5weeks anual leave in one period....need permission for a longer break....and have already got the 2 weeks right before the time I want to go booked of work as new grandchild due then.....so need permission to take the 3 weeks in a row.....tweetie

hi Alsacienne.....thanks for the run down.....its liverpool airport Im flying from....I had printed off boarding cards when I flew thomascook recently from mancheter ...but still had to go to desk to change them for the normal ones.....you cant get through to security unless you scan the barcode on your boarding pass....I thought it was because I needed drop cases off ....but think its even if you only have hand luggage.....and dont remember there being a barcode on the paper passes....so think I will post on lpool airport thread and see if any one knows if things are same there...tweetie

PS :whoops got myself mixed up .....I told you all it was manchester to reus ....its liverpool ....sorry ....will edit my posts
Hi tweetie ... when you check in online with Ryanair, the boarding passes which you print out contain the bar code which will be scanned at the airport.

thanks David.....looks like no messing just straight through with only hand luggage....means no worry about cases going missing either...think I will enjoy this trip.....

What do you do about the API when flying with ryanair....as there isnt the default of being able to do it at check in desk....tweetie
All the API info is collected during the online check in process.

thanks David...getting better all the time.....tweetie
Tweetie

You can just walk into Phones4U - pay £9.99 and load the card up there and then - Free if it's cash.
Card should work straight away. No monthly charge on it and no charges for using abroad (inc Ireland)
Works a treat on Ryanair site.

I booked some flights last night - interesting that flights all seem to be the same cost in Euro as Sterling.
Booked return flights from Ibiza seperate from the flights out - paid 67 Euro instead of £67 - a good savung given the exchange rate.

John
Thats interesting john .How did you do that. ?
Well...........

We wanted 4 return flights to Ibiza in October.
So for example (can't remember exact prices)

4 x return flights = £13.49 + £89.99 x 4 - just booking returns in one go ( around £414)

But there were 2 flights back at £67.99 ( if you book 4 then all are at the higher price). So two bookings would save money.
Checked the 'single' flights

Out £13.49
Back 89.99 EURO for 4 or 67.99 EURO for 2 and 89.99 EURO for the other 2.

So in the end I booked

4 flights to Ibiza at £13.49
2 flights back at 67.99 EURO - around £57 ea
2 flights back at 89.99 EURO - around £76 ea
Total about £320
So saved around £80 this way :)

John.
I see John . I've made seperate bookings before when I noticed it was cheaper to do that but didn't know you had the option to pay in euros . Did you have to select a different user country to do that.
hi john ...did you use that card to pay with them in euros.....is that ok if you put the money on it in sterling...is there any hidden charges to pay in euros with it.....tweetie

ps am going mooch see where my nearest phones4u is

have edited to say got one not far from me....phoned them up ....its a one off payment of 9.99 for the card even if its cash your paying....and £10 initial load on to card.....if it saves me 3O is good news
Yep that's it Tweets .You do need to use it every 90 days or they will take a £1 charge . As mine was coming up to it's 90 days charge and I had a spare few quid on it I used it to purchase a nice cake in Tesco for 89p (not a great deal of difference cost wise but much more enjoyable than paying the Fee :tup ) or you could just load it with a token amount of money & use it anywhere . :) . Other thing to remember is it runs out after 1 year but you can upgrade it to a personalised one that last for 3 years .That will cost you another 4.99 nearer the time .

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.