Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi lynwestie.....thought there would be more to it...seemed to easy....think it would be handy if using a lot to pay for flights....but for a one off not so good.. I take it then that if you for example put £100 on and then pay £100 with it for a flight ....leaving a nil balance on it....the card is finnished...or can you reload it again within the 12months......

If I got one .....and kept it for 12 months....would mean £10 to buy it....then £4 years fees...then £5 to personalise it.....add petrol to go get one...and the time spent...think for a one off flight I might as well just pay the £30 with my credit card.....and I am coved by my card if things go wrong...

Thanks David ....Im off to check things out....tweetie
You can reload it Tweets up to a limit of £650 per year from the poiont of activation. You can upgrade it with ID and you will get a limit of £1650 (non personalised) or £3000 personalised . There are some FAQ s here http://www.escape-prepaid-card.com/faqs.html

If I've got it right you would get 3 years out of it if you pay the fee to personalise it .

your sums are pretty much right if you don't intend to book with Ryanair again but even if you never book ryanair again you will still make a saving and will get some satisfaction at beating the system .

A year ago I paid the £40 booking fee for 4 passengers and swore then that they wouldnt get me a second time . :D and I made sure they didnt when I booked again in May . I admit I havnt used my card again yet but I'm sure i will within the next 6 months.
Lyn

If you book a flight starting in a 'Euro' country then the cost is in Euros by default.
Ryanair actually convert the Euros to a sterling amount to take the payment - the rate they used yesterday was 0.87674
Todays rate on the escape card is 0.85......so slightly worse rate with Ryanair but still worth the saving.

John
Thanks John . Will remember to check that next time I make a booking .
HI....Im in a hurry and in a mess....whats new Im tweetie arent I .....did my home work...got my trip all lined up ready for go.... have booked my accomodation in salou....and then went on to ryanair to book the flights.....got so far through then something dawned on me ...and I dont know what to do....think offer on flights run out tonight as well so am in need of urgent info...

Usually if your booking a holiday it asks for childs age on return journey.....but thats not said on ryanairs booking pages......and so dont know what to do....they say children and say under 16....so under is a child over is an adult.....( dont think any difference in fares)thats my problem......my lad will be 16 before he flys so adult....but his friend will be 15 going out on the monday but will be 16 on the wednesday ...only a few days later....so a child going out but adult coming back...

So what do I do?......am worried .... incase I get to boarding and Ive got an adult boarding pass but his passport will say he is 15 and a child....will they stop me taking him....or if I book him as a child will have a problem coming home.......and another one is when I come to do the online check in and the API.....and it has 3 adults on ....but when I put his date of birth it wont accept it.........

Was thinking of doing seperate bookings for going and returning....but might cost more....tweetie
I would just book them all as adults tweetie . I'm fairly 99% certain that would be the right thing to do . Have you looked through their frequently asked questions .

There is no difference in price and I dont think anyone actually checks the boarding pass against passport Anyway.Not even sure it says child or adult :think
They only ask for boarding pass at security and you don't actually show your passport until you board and then they just glance quickly at it before tearing the slip off the bottom of the boarding pass in the rush to board all the jostling passengers in the scrum .

I honestly can't see a problem but I would choose the adult option and not the child as he will be 16 at the point of return which is always the rule when booking with a t/O.
HI lynwestie....thanks ....I was panicking and decided to do 2 seperate bookings.... :yikes now Im in a worse mess.....went through it all ..put in credit card details....box came up saying dont touch go back or anything as doing admin...it had box to click ok...so I clicked it....and it went to a screen with a box saying

error (5022.. NoTermsOfUseAcceptanceFoundExeption )please indicate that you have read and accept the Terms of Use and click on search for flights button

There is also a big square blue buttonunder this in right hand side of the big square this message is in sayin HOME

There was a box on screen part over this but lower...said similar or same

So I clicked on the overlaid box...it dissapeared leaving the box accross top of page with the blue box saying HOME.....so I clicked on it and it took me back to the begining...search for flights page

Thinking I had done something wrong and it hadnt done the booking I went through the booking proccess again...this time checking I had ticked all the acceptance boxes.... :yikes same thing happened....so I printed off the error page

Now I dont know what to do....I havent recieved any emails yet....but Im scared incase they have now taken 2 payments from my card....and am afraid to do it again....tweetie

phoned my card compamy to check but not open till tommorrow......HELP....Ive booked my accomodation and afraid I cant get a cheap flight
Hi Tweetie

Did you end up using the escape card for the booking ?
I'm pretty sure the email confirmation of the flights is instantaneous so it looks like you haven't booked.

John
Yes I've always had it through instantly .Have you checked in "manage my bookings " then select -view my booking and go for option 3 security questions

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/i-have-not-received-an-email-itinerary

Bit late now tweets and everything will be fine so don't panic But when doing DIY you should always do it the other way round and books flights before the accomodation :)
If you get an error when booking online, you should never try the booking again without calling them up to check whether it has gone through or not.

I have read several instances of people doing that and ending up with 2 identical bookings.

luci :wave
HI ALL....for some reason got it in my head needed to book by tonight....read something about offers on till midnight thu....so wanted it sorted....

I phoned my credit card up again and went to the lost and stolen which is available 24/7...explained what Id done and what had happened.....they checked for me.....and said ryanair hadnt asked for a payment....I told them it was within the last hour and they said they would know instantly.....waited another hour and still no email...

So I went through the booking procedure again....this time took lynwesties advice and booked a return for 3 adults.....it went through and had an email not long after....fingers crossed thats it and Ive booked my flights......... :que havent I...............and £140 for 3 return flights is not bad.....I dont remember it being this hard last time I booked with them

hi John....about the escape card....just didnt get the time to go sort one out....am really busy at the moment and was in a hurry to get this sorted so I could take it off my TO DO list....but will definatley remember it for next time

hi lyntwestie.....will have a peek on manage my booking ....just to check things out.....as I didnt get a confirmation code for the first 2 there is no way I could even check if they have anything on them....but have one for last one .....the confirmation email has only said £140 paid...so they havent added the other 2 attempts ..........your right about booking flights first....lesson learnt....sensible when you think about it...I mean....you could doss on the beach if you couldnt get the accomodation....as long as you had your flight.............but if no flights there is no way you could sprout wings :rofl

hi Luci......thats what was worrying me ...as have read on HT about people booking 2 holidays that way.....thats why I phoned my card company to check if they had tried or taken a payment....

Well its just getting the portadventura tickets now....dont know if it is cheaper to book them in advance online...or if same price on the gates in october......and reansferes.....but am not that worried about them as know about the bus and can get a taxi....know my way around salou so will be OK once I get out of the airport.....just need find out how much the taxis are charging these days....tweetie
hi lynwestie......tried the manage your booking option like you suggested and the only booking is the return one I have the email for :shush think Im OK...

Dont know when you last booked ....but did you get the offer of the aproved samsonite cabin bag....only available from ryanair.....with free delivery......lovely big photos of it ...but no price and no empty weight given.......you can only buy it by either ticking the box to add it at end of your booking details.....or go to manage your booking and add it on by ticking on it in the list of things to do.....and it looks like thats the only way you can find out how much it is to buy.....Im interested in the emty wieght....tweetie

ps found this whilst looking....this isnt it its a back pack ryanairs regulation size....hope link works..
http://backpackingshop.co.uk/Cabin-Max-BackPack.html?gclid=CJjn5bSG6qMCFcEB4wodcjoO2g
Hi Tweetie

You got there in the end :tup

I only asked about the Escape card as you can check the balance online so you could have found out if the payment had been taken straght away.

As for the Ryanair luggage, seems a bit pricey to me........
I'm guessing you are in the North West like myself so have a look in TJ Hughes if you have one near you.
They have the Zero G 19" cases at £19.99 but they are showing out of stock online - maybe available in the stores.
http://www.tjhughes.co.uk/fcp/product/brands-for-less/Luggage/Sub-O-G-Original-Lightweight-Luggage/4513.
They come in at just 2 kilos and I can vouch that they fit in the Ryanair hand luggage 'cages' :)

John

Edit : Ryanair cases are £69 each but can't find the weight of them........
Glad you sorted that out Tweetie .

I have a couple of the medium foldaway bags here http://www.flylite.uk.com/Lightweight-Luggage-Solutions.aspx
they are the exact ryanair dimentions and I can fit a lot more in them than the couple of smallish wheel alongs I have because with those the collapsed handle takes up a lot of room . I can even get a few pairs of shoes in the bags which i can't in the cases . Only drawback is you have to carry them so I let the men take those and feel them with my extra stuff :tup . I see they also do a wheeled bag now but at £35 not cheap but probably a good investment if you are about to get the budget airline bug . the quality is very good on the 2 I have.

Those ones from TJ hughes look good John . I've requested an email when they come back in stock . We do have a store close as well so next time i'm in that area will take a looksey.

lyn
hi....Ive reserved one of these....picking it up tommorrow if its as good as it looks.....from argos...

Marketeer Drag Bag Paris - Floral Design.
075/8015
Details

* Nylon and polyester.

* Zip top.

* 2 wheels.

* 1 external pocket.

* Adjustable handle - height from 40cm to 70cm.

* Folds for storage.

* Size (H)56, (W)39, (D)20cm.

* Weight 0.9kg.

* Capacity 14 litres.

The reviews on argos are mixed ....one said they get annoyed as you cant push it...but your ment to drag it...and one said it wasnt stable enough....but its only 1cm too tall and its 1cm smaller on the width....and its soft...so think as long as you didnt jam it full you would be able to push it in the cage if asked to.....and its small enough and with only 10kgs in it I can carry it....as long as it gets me enough clothes in for 3 days I'll be happy...tweetie

ps...can keep my knitting in it afterwards
hi lyn.....just to update you....our posts crossed wires....and I decided after reading your post to check out those bags youve got....used the link....they look brillianted ,just the job ....and decided to order 2 of them instead....typical something went wrong with my payment......so phoned company to sort it....they take a new delivery of those bags on tuesday the man tells me....so keep fingers crossed and I get mine soon....tweetie

ps.... incase any one interested they are £20 each including delivery.....so cost me £40....not bad even for a one off for ryanair....as 2 cases in the hold would have cost me £60 ....( we already has 1 just a bit smaller than the specificed size).....these cases are the exact right size ....weigh less than 750gs....and have a capacity of 44ltres....so maximises your hand luggage entitlement....and they fold away into a pouch ....so good to store away
You just need those 2 strapping lads to carry them now tweetie .I even got some sarnies and pringles in mine . I quite fancy one of their new wheeled ones now. :tup
hi lyn....they are strong fit boys....so no problem....and Im fit enough to manage mine.......I cant believe I had to sort bags again....I have loads of them in my spare room....and quite a few of them would have been fine for hand luggage if I'd have been taking hold luggage as well.....but too small to use the 10kgs we need for 4 days.....only had 1 that was of any use which was 50 x 33 x 19 and 587gms ......think after buying these new ones I should have bags for all eventualities now...and atleaste they fold up small....tweetie
Getting round to booking my holiday for 2011, and looks like it going to be DIY

Going to catollica next, and staying at the hotel senior, which sadly thomson cook/airtours dont do any more, which is there loss, a very lovely hotel

So my flight in general will be from the uk, to either Bologna from edinburgh, or to rimin from a few english airports, liverpool, bristol, stansted

when does rynair relase flights for July 2011
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.