Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
tweetie your welcome.

I'm sure they will be ok. My son flew Ryanair a few weeks ago and checked in for the return flight before he left home. Believe you me, if anyone's barcode would have been unreadable, it would have been his. He put all his paperwork in a plastic wallet and shoved it in his backpack with god knows what else! He would have had that backpack either squashed in somewhere in his apartment or left on the floor for him and 3 others to stand on :rofl
His only problem coming back was his flight was cancelled due to French ATC.
i am worried too its the first time we fly with ryanair and my printer is playing up i read on trip adviser about people who had to re issue bording cards and had to pay again, also have they started the pay for the toilet yet, bit worried my daughter is two and likes to go 3 or 4 times, been with other airlines and have not even had to show my booking sheet they just take the passports so this is bit different as well for us.
hi julie.......as long as you have printed out your pass and brought it with you they should issue it free of charge if it wont scan.....on my computer screen the barcodes on the tickets look really clear....you can see every little square....there are 2 on every boarding pass ....one on the top one on the bottom....but when I printed them out they werent as sharp as on the screen......and the bottom one looked like the top left hand quarter of the bar code had been changed but on screen they were exactly the same as the top barcode......and surely my printer didnt repeat the cock up exactly the on 18 boarding passes....I even put new ink cardridges in after the first 6 sheets...which realignes the printer heads ect....the other writing is blue on the screen but prints black....

Just spoke to someone who went Ireland not long ago with ryanair and she tells me not to worry her's were the same....but also told me they had all thier 100ml liquids taken off them at security ...they were all new stuff so they werent happy...they flew ryanair from liverpool.....seems they were only allowing 50mls and under through.....so Im off to check ryanairs site and ask whats going on in the LPL airport forum....everytime I start to calm down something else comes up....I had all 100ml and 75ml stuff ....tweetie
tweetie

Liverpool airport applies the same restrictions as most others - 100mls containers. No more than 1 litre total.
julie matthews wrote:
also have they started the pay for the toilet yet

It won't happen, it was a Michael O'Leary publicity stunt!

Darren
and the l00ml containers must all be in a seethrough bag of a certain size, sorry - cant remember what the size is but you cant use any old freezer bag it has to be of the correct size.

At East Midlands you can buy 3 of the correct size bags from a machine before you go through security - put in 50p and out they pop.

Chris
8" x 8" or 20 cm square with a closable top either a zip or a plastic grippy thing.
hi all.....thanks for replies....my neice insisted they had taken her 100ml stuff of her at LPG ....I thought it might have got stricter because of the recent stuff on the news....but thought I surely would have read or seen something about it as I have the 24hr news on a lot.....anyway I have not long phoned the airport listened to the recorded stuff.....which still says 100mls.....and to be 100% sure phoned back and spoke to someone .....they said its still the same 100mls.....told them what my neice had said......they didnt know anything about it........

Hope she wasnt winding me up knowing how I worry about stuff.....tweetie

ps....now Im thinking straight....thought it strange nothing been said on here about it
Might have posted this before - Liverpool security are also very strict on letting one bag through security.

John
Details of their flight cancellations for next Tuesday, 12 October, now on their website.

Now waiting for Easyjets news as we go to Tenerife next Tuesday ! - probably be ok but delayed.

Chris
john123

The airport don't set the rules regarding hand luggage through security. The one bag rule was lifted a while ago. The airlines decide on hand luggage allowance. Security will let through whatever number you take.
The airport don't set the rules regarding hand luggage through security. The one bag rule was lifted a while ago. The airlines decide on hand luggage allowance. Security will let through whatever number you take.

The one bag rule is still in force at some airports. It is important that passengers check airport and airline websites to see what restrictions apply.

David :wave
The one bag rule is still in force at some airports. It is important that passengers check airport and airline websites to see what restrictions apply.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I checked Liverpool airport a while ago when we were thinking of flying from there and they say it's up to the airline and I know Manchester no longer applies the rule either.
hi,desperate to know when summer 2011 flights will be released,leeds bradford to ibiza in particular. thanks mo x.
I am looking for tenerife for July next year. any ideas when they are released.
hi all....didnt know where to post this for the best.....but thought there would be someone else done this with ryanair......taking my lad and a friend for their 16th birthdays to salou ....flying ryanair from LPL...Im only going for 4 days so just taking hand luggage.....taking some 100ml stuff....but was going to get the 2 lads a can of deodorant body spray and a shower gel to share in boots after security...shower gel I know will be OK.....but the deodorant spray Im not sure about.....can I take a full size spray onboard ryanair......tweetie
Yes you can buy as big a can as you want after security Tweets .
Hi Lynwestie.....think it was you told me about the flylite bags for ryanair....when you use them did you find that as they are narrow and tall that when you pack them it all spreads out afterwards ...and it then bulges out wide at the bottom....its because there arent any rigid sides.....well thats what happened to me....but solved it...so thought Id share my solution.....I ironed and folded everything to fit long ways and piled them up as you would in the bag....then I used 3 pair of tights....one either end and one in the middle to tie them into a bundle....then popped them into the bag....worked a treat....then I got a plastic storage boxes that fitted on top of everything....into them I put all the stuff that could fall down the sides of the bundle of clothes....so not only is my bag the right size I shouldnt have any problems if I need put it in the gage....and Ive managed to get all I need in well under 10kgs .... :rofl ....tweetie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.