Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
interesting comments!! ive been to sa coma a few times and would agree with you. i had a `fillet steak` from one place last year and honestly Ive seen more meat on a steak canadian and as for the mashed potatoes, they went straight back where they came from.
`hmm most people send the mash back` said the waiter. very encouraging!! NOT!

you definately get what you pay for. JJs is very good quality, as was Es Passeig and the place next door to it

only 8 weeks to go for us!!
Yes i agree with sunworshiper, it makes sense to pay a bit more so that you know you are getting quality food and service. I cant understand why people on holiday look for the cheapest places and stick to them for the whole holiday, fair enough if the places are ok and food edible, but why settle for second best? If you go out for a meal back home you wouldnt put up with it. I also would not go to any of the chineses, but that Indian restaurant in silliot is spot-on so i will reccommend that and also the royal oak and JJ's. Some good websites are: majorca-mallorca.co.uk a2zmallorca.com and theindianrestaurant.com they all have lots of bars and restaurants advertised with photos and info. :D
We ate at the Oasis a couple of times and it was lovely. We tried Juan's Steak House but werent impressed. Must try JJ's and the Indian this year.
bwfcboy. Where did you get the fillet steak/steak canadian. Sounds like a place to avoid :shock:
:pele If you want cheap simple freshly cooked food try Porkys in Sa Coma, the place is run by a really nice couple of brummies who have been there 13 years, a very friendly couple, everything is fresh, they don't go for flashy surroundings or plates decorated with inedible side salad, we had lunch there one day it was only a baguette but it was huge about 12" long and served open as you could not close it there was a large amount fresh salad on one side and what ever your filling on the other all for around 3 euros, and for 3.95 euros you can have one with steak and onions try one they are lovely and definetly filling, home made curry with rice and chips at 5.95 euros, they also do things that kids will eat, and a pint of beer is only 1.50 euros, mainly it is things like burgers, omeletes and the like but it is worth a try for a cheap lunch or snack. cheers Tel. :pele
We didnt try Porkys until the day we returned home (got some delicious sandwiches for the airport). Will definately give it a try one lunchtime this year. :D
:yipee Hi, yes their baguettes are lovely very large and inexpensive, and everything fresh although it is mainly chips with chips, but definetly ideal for lunch and a cheaper alternative in the evening and a very friendly couple in fact his wife who does all the cooking used to look after all the students at aston university where my son is studying so she is obviously a good cook, enjoy your hol. cheers Tel. :glynis
Hi again, forgot to mention if you do stay in Cala Bona and you want a steak go to janet and johns or chiris both do great steaks. cheers Tel. :glynis
Yeh definitely agree with you, we ate at Janet and Johns 2 weeks ago and the food was as fantastic as ever. 2 of our party had fillet steak and I had lamb chops, both equally great. This was our 6th visit in about 2 years and we always eat there at least once if we are staying in the area. We mentioned that we always recommended them on holiday truths, which they were pleased to hear and although I only asked for 1/2 litre of sangria, I actually received 1 litre at no extra cost.

If you ever go there, always mention that you heard about them on holiday truths and maybe you will get a free drink!
been to sa coma 3 times have eaten in all the chineses and most othere places as well and had no problem at all with the food
@ pargaluvva, sorry for slow response.
my `fillet steak` was served at a place just a bit further away from JJ`s on a corner. Cant remember the name and I dont want to guess in case I incriminate a good bar! lol.
We only went in because of the `special of the day` but hnest to god it was awful

i forgot to mention as well, there is some kind of delicatessen on the main road just up from the beach, they do beautiful cakes, ideal for an afternoon pig out
just returned from 2 weeks in sa coma and ate out every night. The only chinese we ate at was china city near the coma gran, neither of us or the kids were ill! found 2 cracking places though 1 is cala mareya restaurant on the way to s'illiot with the option to eat inside or out overlooking the sea, has a varied menu and kids enjoyed to. My favourite was pizzeria salvator near the safari appartments, good service really friendly staff who were great with the kids, food was really nice with good portions, ordered fillet steak on the last night and couldn't believe my eyes when there were 4 yes 4 steaks on the plate! Would definatley recommend a visit to anyone, cracking pint aswell.
try the British El Baron restaurant next time, small menu but quality food. Went last September.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.