Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Never been to any of the hotels you mentioned but thought you may like to know that San Miguel (the place) itself is a small resort and can be quite with most entertainment in the hotels. The beach is small and safe for kids and if you get a chance go up to the church where there they have a display of traditional folkdancing. It is a few years since I've been so check that they still do it but it is worth the short trip up to the church.

Check out the hotel reviews section you may find some information there about the hotels. Ibiza hotel reviews
I have stayed at both hotels and suggest the san miguel hotel. the Galeon is lovely and the staff are great but it is a long walk up/down all those steps in the heat and alinclusive stops at 11pm whilst its midnight at the san miguel.
Ask for a sea view and high floor asnd your wife will have the view she wants.
Hi, we stayed at the Galeon in June and were really impressed, The views from our balcony were amazing. We popped over to the san miguel a few times but thought it seemed far too packed for us.....where as at the galeon you had a bit more piece and quiet if you wanted it, but could still enjoy the activities at the san miguel if you wanted too. There was also much more space round the pool at the galeon, which was nice. However i agree the steps were a bit annoying in the heat of the day!!! We would definitly return to the galeon.
I hear that the all inclusive ends at 11pm in the Galeon hotel but ends at midnight in the San Miguel hotel and beach club. We are staying in the Galeon, can we still get all inclusive at the hotel/ beach club bars untill midnight ? Or do Galeon guests wear different wristbands to the hotel/ beach club guests ?
Thats 14 hours drinking time I could lose :yikes
Hi 8)

we stayed at the San Miguel in May this year. The Galeon guests wear different clour wristbands as do the Beach Club guests. While we were there, all guests including Galeon ones were served at the Western Saloon until Midnight. It may be different in the hotels bars though, they may stop at 11.30 in the Galeon Bars, but if you stay down at the Western Saloon, you should be ok 8)
we just got back yeasterday and stayed at the galeon hotel. had a great time but make sure you take plenty of first aid, paracetomol etc. There is such a great and varied selection of food indigestion was unavoidable. I did take some rennies but unfortuantly not enough and you could not buy any such like in the local vacinity.This was the only down side to the holiday.Have fun!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.