Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
as to what they are like sorry dont know them...how far from fig tree bay..aprox 600mts

wizard
As Wizard has said, I've never stayed there but I have seen them in Protaras and they are very close to Fig Tree Bay, just across the road and down a side street really. I think you could have some noise as they are on the main strip.

Sarah
Hi Debj,
Have a look at the Alva as well
hi debj, also the brilliant apts are worth a look,stayed there last year, i take it you're looking to book with the thomson flight from manchester . incidently the alva were next to the lantiana where we stayed in 2005, looked ok and really close to fig tree bay. we were even contemplating staying at the alva and gate crashing the lantiana pool :wink: :oops:
hi, i've just booked to go to these apartments with my family in september and was wondering if anyone can advise on whether theres a particular block or apartments that are worth requesting. i've read all the reviews which are pretty positive so i just now need to blag a good room.
can anyone help? :)
Hi,
I stayed at these apartments 2 years ago.
I found them basic but clean by basis I mean they have everything you need for your holiday. Although you are on the main strip we did not find the noice too bad but we went in June when it was a bit quieter may be a bit different in July/August.
The pool is a good size although the tiles were a bit dodgy and we all had small cuts on our toes but we were told they would be fixed at the end of the season. We never had a problem getting a sun bed but again we went in June.
The staff were all great, very friendly and helpful.
The location of these apartments are great because you are central to everything and you are so close to the beach. Everything is within walking distance and there is some great places to eat.
The only downside to my holiday was the dodgy Karaoke night but that is only because I am not a Karaoke lover and I was unwell the night it was taking place so I just wanted to sleep.
All in all I would not hesitate to go back to the Sandra again.

Hope this helps.
Sal
hi Sal,thanks for your reply, we're going late september so it shouldn't be too busy. we never stay for the entertainment as we're usually turning a perfectly good karoake at the zodiac into a "dodgy one" with our questionable singing :lol:
Stayed here a few years ago. There are 2 blocks, we were in the back one which is well away from the road. but reception was in the front block along with the safe deposit boxes which was a bit of a pain. We went in July and the pool area which is small was always crowded unless you are a very early riser. Having said that we may have been unlucky as there was a big family party staying at that time and they seemed to take over.
The noisiest thing was the air conditioning unit.
Hi Louisejc, thankyou for your reply. we have requested a quiet room but not sure if this is a good idea as we will most likely end up in "b" block. i'm hoping they have moved deposit boxes into rooms rather than reception now as i agree it'll be a pain. we have only paid £1303 for two weeks for four of us in a one bed apt in september so we're not expecting the ritz but nevertheless a nice clean apt is a must.i think we'll be ok :)
We are staying at the Sandra in June.
This will be the first time I have booked a one bedroom apt for us. We are 2 adults and 2 children aged 11 and 9. (Always paid extra for 2 bedrooms before).
I wonder if anyone has been recently? Are the apts all the same size and facility or are there some better than others? Are they well equipped?How good is the air conditioning?Where are the quietist rooms?
Looking forward to our holiday , my last visit to Cyprus was 12 years ago.
Hi Martha, i too am staying here on the 23rd of sept for two weeks and have asked similar questions on these apartments. :D
I have now merged both topics so all the information is in one place.

luci :wave
Hi! Don't nean to put a damper on things but are you going self catering or half board. Location is superb slap bang in the middle of everything and even though we went peak weeks the noise was ok - apart from the air con. The pool is very small and crowded. It was also v dirty when we were there one holiday maker actually took pictures of the cockroaches stuck to the tiles of the pool. The beach is just across the road - much nicer.The entertainment for a whole fortnight consisted of showing films & football - there was someone who claimed to be a singer one night!!! :roll:
The rooms are a decent size and if your self catering you should be ok. We were half board and meals were taken in the road front restaurant. We sat down on the 1st night looked at the menu and thought we were spoilt for choice. However as soon as we said we were half board that menu was whipped away to be replaced with a grubby A4 sheet of paper which had a list of about 4 starters 7 main meals and 4 deserts on it. This is what we were given for 14 nights. After about the 5th night we gave up & went out to eat a few times. This however soon ate into our budget. The people were lovely but I would never go back there.
Helen we are self catering so the food is not a problem. When were you there?
Last week in July & 1st in August 2005. We were meant to go to Mexico & had to cancel 2 days before on Doctor's advice. My husband had just got over pneumonia and the long flight with poor oxygen would have been too much. We booked the Sandra at the last minute but in the Travel Agents it came up as Sandra Hotel so we were expecting a hotel complex not a self catering one with a few half board thrown in. If we'd known this we'd have booked self catering as we much prefer it. We're not fussy people we love Greece - you don't get any more basic than that! We made the most of our holiday and Protaras was great. Perhaps we were just unlucky.
hi Helen T, cockroaches in the pool? i must warn mrs davetraceyuk (she swims with her mouth open)....... erm there again, must not alarm her :roll: :wink:
Let's hope you're self catering then, you can save on food! :lol:
Any body stayed at the Sandra apartments Protaras????

Wendy
have you seen the Members reports yet???

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.