Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi,

Me and my partner were at the Santa Fe bungalows last year and although it looks nice from the outside, its not really all that nice inside ?? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... we had a terrible problem with ants ... there was a nest out the back and they just swarmed the back door ... and there were too many mozzies for my liking ... and they are immune to the spray that you zap at them !!! Very Strange ??

There is 2 pools there ... and i wouldnt swim in either of them to be honest !! Not really being very positive about this am i ?? You will need to invest in a fan as well ... think its 15Euros .. only there was none left when we got there so we have to sleep with the fridge door open and the windows open .. hence the mozzy problem !! The rep we had was absolutley useless as well ... better off finding your own way about if you were to rely on her.

Apart from that, Playa Del Ingles is brilliant though and you will have a really good time !! Lots to see and do and all the restaurants that we visted we had lovely meals. The restaurant at the entrance to the apartments is nice too ! there is a big supermarket across the road and the Kasbah and Yumbo centres are 2 mins round the corner. Watch out for the Looky Looky men .. they are real pests !!

For pubs, the Irish Centre is good (if you like that sort of thing) if not then theres English bars near the Kasbah. Theres also a strip of pubs behind the supermarket, i think Linekers was in there but we didnt go in. The beach is about a 20 minute walk away, but it is nice if a little too crowded. Watch out as well theres a nudist beach nearby !!!!

All in all we loved it there .... it was boiling hot in August (35+ degrees everyday) ... and go to the Sioux City its a great day/night out ?

We would love to go back but not to the Santa Fe ... possibly The Riu Hotel across the road, or the Gran Canaria Princess ?

Hope i havent put you off in anyway ... anything else you need to know though post a reply and ill help you best i can ?
we stayed there a couple of years ago. From what I saw (and now owning a place on GC its pretty well certain) that the majority are privately owned. This being the case the standard of furnishings etc in each bungalow can be vastly different. Theyll be let via a renting scheme run by the community. If you dont like the look of the one youre allocated - ask to move (ask nicely at reception, reps are normally no good no matter where you go)- We did. Ours was on the outside by the road and the restaurant (not attached to the bungalows. NOISY - :shock: main road was a shocker but not as bad as the dustbin men for the restaurant bottles at whatever time. We moved to on e between the pools - it was very nice. Pools were fine but may be different now. Loads of great places to eat and drink and its just far enough away from the centre to be quietish on a night. As for the heat - ITS GRAN CANARIA - 45 in summer is not unusual. Try AVON SKIN SO SOFT moisturiser for the mossies -
  • Edited by mh101005 2005-06-04 18:46:55
Patrick lichfield uses it - Weve used it in Mexico Dom Rep and Kenya - if it stops them there itll stop em in GC. Must admit never been bothered by them there though. As for ants - buy a thing of powder from the spar - it does for them double quick. Also the usual of dont leave food on the sides, fruits a bugger but so is meat. Wipe up using a lemon type washing up liquid and watch em get confused!! :lol:

In the end have a great time.
Hello. Please can any one who has visited the Santa Fe Bunglows this year or last year Please make comment on there stay. Are they OK ? Are they clean ? and is the pool Ok , any advice welcome . What about eating out in the local areas. I am going with 2 children and my wife in august.2005. I would welcome any fedback Thanks Keith
Keith

I have edited your post above to remove bold font. Please do not change the default font as future posts may be deleted.

luci - HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.