Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Seashell inn
32 Posts
Is it at the bottom of Beach Road?

If so, it's fine. No A/C though if I remember correctly
Hello Fritz
Its on the main Candolim Road Near the Beach Road is that the one you mean. Have you stayed there, whats it like cleanwise
Sorry, I don't think its the place I'm thinking of. The place I'm thinking of is at the beach end of Beach Road.

Basically go to the end and turn left.
Do you have a website which shows the Inn Ginlizzy?
Sea Shell Inn is owned by the same family as have Casa Sea Shell and is in fact managed by the son. I have stayed at both over the years and both are well managed (as the owner Shelly would no doubt tell you!!) The place I think you are enquiring about is at the T junction on the Panjim/Candolim road and is next to a lane that leads to the beach at the spot where the River Princess lies past Xaviers etc. The rooms when I was there were fine and there is a swimming pool, over the last couple of years the garden area has been concentrated on and it is quite spactacular by most standards. They have quite a large restaurant at the front of the hotel as I remember the food was good,they have plenty of staff and appears to be well run. Hope this helps?
Hi Fiona
I cant find anything on the rooms. There is plenty about the restaurant as its very good and we have eaten there many times.

JohnnyG
Thanks for that info its very usefull. There is no pool at the seashell Inn, I called them and they explained that you can use the pool up the Road at the Casa Seashell. We have made a provisional booking in Sinquerim but I am a little concerned because of state of the beach up that end.

Can you tell me besides it being on the main Road do the rooms have balconies and are there rooms with a bit of a view

Thanks again
:) I've provisionally booked the Casa Sea Shell but can't remember which one it was!!I'm hoping the one near the beach road not the one with the fountains in - 2 far up the road. If u find out which 1 is which please let me know.
We have stayed at Casa Seashell twice The one at the junction of Panjim Rd the one with the waterfalls , All the rooms 6 ground floor and 6 first floor overlook the fantastic gardens. Very peaceful location as the restaurant closes about 11.30 to12pm. Great location for catching the bus as it stops outside. Staff great. No aircon just a fan. Mattresses hard. Fridge in room for extra rups but they tend to be noisy and give off heat. Safety lockers available.
Candy64
The Seashell is the one by the beach Road (This is the one I am interested in
The Casa seashell is the one up by Panjim Rd Junction
Rgds :lol:
Cant comment on Seashell Inn. The only thing I can say is that the people next door to us at Casa Seashell this year stayed there for 2 nights until a room was ready at Casa Seashell. They said that the rooms were almost exactly the same as casa seashell but casa had nicer gardens and a pool.
I wouldnt hesitate stopping at either.
Dont know why the owners cant call them by two totally different names so as not to cause confusion !!!! The one I would go for is the one by the T junction, it's well set back from the road and has pool and good gardens. It is in fact on a beach road which leads down to where the River Princess is.(Siquerim) Not sure what the current state of the beach is there as per Lin B's reports and photo's, but there is likely to be plenty of beach left and would be less crouded than the beach at the end of the other beach road near the other Sea Shell place? The other sea shell place is also more "on the road"! and has limited views from the rooms, but I'm sure that you would be comfortable with either. I hope this doesn't confuse issues!
Am i right in thinking its close to the english rose(seashell)or am i in the wrong direction altogether.
Not sure where English Rose is, I know that Seashell is just before you come to beach Road which leads down to Jacksons and Claudinas shacks on the beack
As explained earlier there are two Seashell establishments (Casa Sea Shell and Sea Shell Inn) both owned by the same family. Both front onto the main Candolim/Sequerim road, both are near beach roads. One is on a corner almost across where the buses turn (T junction) to go to Panjim, this has swimming pool, nice garden and the rooms are set back well away from the road, it's beach road is at the side and goes past Xaviers and River Princess is at the end. The other is the original establishment and is close to the more northerly beach road (about 50mtrs) that passes Sportsmans Bar, Inferno etc! This has it's restaurant closer to the road, and in my view the rooms are not as well positioned with regards to a view etc.
Johnny G
I do understand what you are saying. I just thought that road that leads down to the beach going past the sportbar is called "Beach Road". Thats why I was referring to it as Beach Road. :roll: Sorry if I am confusing you
Confused Me? :? Never Ha! To be honest I think there must be dozens of so called beach roads in Goa, wether it be a track or whatever down to the beach, I'm sure everyone has their own "beach road"! My "own" is the one at the Panjim T junction. :wink:
I've done a review of the Casa Seashell if you're interested.
Rick
Thanks Rick and Fiona
I have to emailed Diane to book it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.