Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
There are some restaurants open in both PDL and Lagos in January and most of the shops are open also. Make sure there is heating as this year was very cold in January especially at night. I don't know about Carvoeiro.
Hi Pippa,
We stayed in a private apartment in Lagos for a week this January. It had central heating which was great as it was cold this year. Nearly all the bars and restaurants were open and as well as small supermarkets, you have Pingo Doce beside the marina.
Whilst the apartment we stayed in was not right at the marina, we had lovely views over the bay and it was a 10 -15 minute stroll along to the marina. I can definitely recommend this apartment as it had everything you could need for a self catering holiday and was nice and quiet.
If you want any more details, just pm me and I will give you the site where you can see the apartment for yourself.
Pat
:glynis
P.S. The owner gave us a good deal too as it was winter and she didn't have many bookings for that time....... :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.