Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
You need to check into the apartment to see what's included.

Of course you have to buy all the rest,

Loads of fine supermarkets,

Enjoy,

Billyboy
DIY holiday is better than a hotel one in my opinion
thanks - I imagine the supermarkets are no more expensive than in the UK - I will take my favourite tea though, that is essential!
hi, we prefere self catering to any other board basis although never been all inclusive. we like it because we can come and go as we please and we love to eat out in different restraunts every night and not be confined to 1 place. we dont like the idea of having to be back for a certen time for tea or whatever.
we went bed and breakfast in August and breakfast was served untill 10 am which i thought was resonable but there were a few mornings when we would have liked to stay in bed a bit longer and a couple of times we did. and you can still stay in hotels or aparthotels on a self catering basis so you still get a balcony with the views etc.
we just tend to buy some things in for snacks and maybe have breakfast in so buy bread, beans, bacon etc milk, tea bags things like that.
thanks for that - breakfast probably is the only meal we will have to do ourselves - dont fancy the '"full english" option so will stick a box of cereal in the case, the milk isnt too bad out there is it. Going in 2 weeks.
the milk isnt too bad out there is it

I have found the milk doesn't stay fresh for very long, even in a very cold fridge. If I was you, I wouldn't buy large cartons of milk, it "goes off" too quick - just buy a small carton each day or so :wink:
We normally pop down to the local supermarket once there and pick up some cereal, milk ( we take a small jar of coffee with us ) some wine, nibbles, cakes maybe, a loaf and some butter
You can get nice freshly baked bread each day and some nice danish pastries etc for a change for breakfast.
You can knock up a couple of nice ham rolls for lunch too if you dont fancy much at lunchtime, enjoy a bottle of wine and nibbles for some pre-going out drinks. Nice to sit out on your balcony / patio .

We eat out every night, often have a lunch out too.

One tip, take a cheap dishwashing brush with you, chuck away at the end of the hols, and a couple of tea towels and decant a bit of washing-up liquid into a little plastic bottle as you wont need a full sized one.
Thats about it really
If you have a favourite brand of tea bring it But don't be suprised if it tastes different due to the water (even using bottled water ) & UHT milk is the norm

Anything else you can get at any supermarket you might not recognise the brand but on the whole you'll not normally be disappointed
Just returned from our self catering break - not sure where you are staying but the supermarket near Parque Santiago 5 is first class, everything is lovely and fresh and the cake counter is mouth watering!!!
Take your cereal with you i find its very expensive also coffee, I bought normal pasturised milk each day no different to here there also sell semi-skimmed - everything else is available.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.