Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Dont know about the milk question but the water is perfectly safe to drink. However it does taste different and bottled is very cheap to buy so its really up to you.

Patka
Hi chris/davefromstoke,

Agree totally with Patka's response on the water - I always use bottled for drinking, solely because I prefer the taste.

I tend not to buy much milk when in Bulgaria as I only use skimmed in the UK or coffee whitener in Bulgaria but, from what I recall, all of the milk that I have seen/bought in shops has been of the 'long life UHT' type, packaged in green or blue colour-coded cardboard containers - no specific brand name springs to mind.

Any milk that I have in the village tends to be freshly extracted from the donor animal (never sure whether it's cow or goat, until I taste it) and arrive in a neighbour's bottle or jug... :wink:

Baldur
Hi,

Yes you can get cartons of fresh milk. The semi skimmed milk is 1.5% and the full fat milk is 3.2%, always look at the percentage not the colour of the carton.

Celiajan
I have used the water for making coffee and for cleaning my teeth and have always been alright with it .Bottled water is very cheap if you prefer to use that June
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.