Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The advice thus far is to assist Caroline in supporting her brother, and gives very sound advice with regard to the collection of evidence in the resort.

If there's a problem with this, I just can't see it.
only the person concerned can discuss this with Ros

That's up to Ros, she might be prepared to give advice for Caroline to pass on in the same spirit as a number of us are.

Peter
what a shame, if the reps arent turning up i would log all the calls hes made to them and note all the times they promised to turn up and havent. maybe try to get reception to contact him too and log that or ask if they have any complaint forms there. at least this shows how many times he has tried to get contact. can you not phone thomsons for him in the uk and find out the reps office details too, not sure if they will give you that info but worth a try. certainly i would try and ring Ros and ask her advice as to anything else he can do out there. getting all other guests names and addresses is a must and taking as many photos as possible, also noting down anything that isnt as the brochure states. good luck
The reason I think Ros should be rang asap is that the holiday is moving on with the family still in the same place. I know that there is a cause where they could move to alternative accommodation and later reclaim the cost but I don't know if this is an option here, hence me suggesting Caroline rings Ros asap on her brothers behalf.
hi all!

sorry about my absence - just finished a stretch of nights and hadn't spoken to brother.

He has made numerous calls to the Thomson rep office but they kept insisting he should pay for any move. He hasn't got credit cards to fall back on and has enough money only to continue the hols as it should be or I think he would have just walked!

They have failed to bother to met him until today when they promise to come to the apartments. Previous calls appear to be like banging head on brick wall with them failing to comprehend the situation saying there is a range of activities provided there etc etc but not accepting they are not actually taking place! When he mentioned section 14(2) of the regs 1992 they claimed not to know what he was refering to so he told them to go look it up before the meeting! He's not confident he knows much about it tho either :D
They told him he could use the evening entertainment at a nearby apartments, which turned out to be a 20 min walk uphill - with 5 kids under 8 and two buggys... no thanks! The parrot man came last night and when he saw the number of guests, apx 12, did a 5 min show and scarpered - they have a arrangement where they make all money from guests buying the photos after a show... not going to make much from one group and one couple are they ?

Bit hard for him as I said before he's not holi-savvy, and I'm trying to help ( with your help! ) via brief calls and texts ! The apartments are still apx 90% shut with even things like the pool tables ( as in balls not swimming! ) cordened off, yet the entertainment board in the reception lists killer pool among the fun activities :shock:

They only good thing is the staff are very attentive and there's no queue at the bar, but joking aside it's a poor excuse for the activity filled family holiday promised in the brouchure. there was a BBQ yesterday with only their party and one other couple attending.
They have become friendly with the man who puts on some of the evening entertainment and he is willing to support their arguements re lack of entertainment / guests.
I know some have said there's no guarantee about number of other guests but this is taking the mickey..how can you have a quiz and talent nights and mr and mrs etc etc when your the only group in ??
Interesting tho .. I've just read a review on the Thomson site dated 19 june 2006 which seems to highlight similar story:

"Just arrived back from holiday, appartments could do with knocking down and rebuilding, very old fashioned, too spaced out, only 15 rooms let first week then 40 let 2nd week everyone spaced out so no atmosphere in hotel, good entertainment with van, vicky and milo. Good food in cave bar, would not recomend these appartments to anyone who is looking for a fun packed holiday, well below average for Thomsons standards. "

Will let you know when I know any more and just wanted to add I appreciate all the comments not just the legal advice one's as I like to hear other's opinions - it is a "discussion" forum after all :D

caroline
Hi Caroline,

You've been advised on a number of occasions to telephone Ros. Have you done so please? For example -

Glynis HT Admin
Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:34 am Post subject:
The reason I think Ros should be rang asap is that the holiday is moving on with the family still in the same place. I know that there is a cause where they could move to alternative accommodation and later reclaim the cost but I don't know if this is an option here, hence me suggesting Caroline rings Ros asap on her brothers behalf.

Peter
hi peter

I know you might think I should ring Ros but was giving Thomsons a chance to sort it first and I don't like to waste the time of professionals with snippets of info from brother's rantings and texts! :lol: and I've been "out of action" last 5 days due to the killer nights !

I thought he should be the one to ring to speak to her, Thomsons won't give me the time of day just spoke to a very rude robot in customer care " put it in writing, put it in writing, put it in writing " Even asked who to complain to about false advertising ( full list of stuff on web and kidszone pics) - same response ! What use is that when the problem is active and they are still sending people unaware, and are unwilling to listen. So not sure if Ros wouldn't rather speak to bro, I will give him her number today if he still gets no joy. Better from him than my "heresay".

I spoke to lovely lady at thomsons booking number who was horified, had no warnings on screen , and promised me she'll not be sending anyone here in the short term and was passing all info onto her manager she said that they should have been notified of any such refurb and lack of facilities.

Thanks tho for your post on the regs hope this will help him some today
Just wanted to update the post as I don't want anyone else to book at the mo sory not done as I was told!! :wink:
Caroline,

May I suggest that if your brother has been making calls to the local/resort office (Thomson) directly from his hotel room that it would be a good idea for him to get a print out of all of the calls he has made to them.

It can only support his claim that he tried to contact them and that they failed to meet with him. At least he will have a record of the number of times he attempted to resolve the problem :)

He needs to make sure he has a written complaint form completed before he leaves his holiday resort. Failing this, he needs to get hold of a rep at the airport and formally log his numerous calls and their failure to attend.

Cyprus100
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.