Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We have taken our teenagers for the last two years and they have loved it . not sure where you are staying but we found on both occasions the red sea seems very popular for families with older children/teenagers. well at least it seemed the case in sharm :D We have stayed both times at the hilton sharks bay and found that they made plenty of friends their own age and whilst there was never a great deal in the way of dancing etc for them in the evening they were never bored becauise there were plenty their own age around . Many teenagers would go down to naama bay in the evening and head to the hard rock cafe with members of the animation team who looked after them and made sure they got home safely . during the day other than the diving and snorkelling there are plenty of boat trips and water sports .there is also quad biking ,another favourite with the teenagers which we did late afternoon in time for the sunset or maybe a trip to cairo or luxor.
I've been to Sharm (Conrad) twice with teenagers (male and female) and they enjoyed it both times.

Pippy :D
Ive also been twice both times with young teens, and will probably go again next year. They do enjoy it there although we have only been for one week of winter sun.

My honest opinion is that for my kids one week was enough. Luxor and Cairo are too far for them to travel, hotel entertainment was limited and the charms of Namma Bay wear off after about 4 trips.

If you intend to do lots of TO entertainment such as quads, bedouin evening, camels etc factor in the costs as they aren't cheap.

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza & Rennaisance Golden View Beach which were both great hotels especially the RGV, but if going for 2 weeks with teens pick you hotel carefully, perhaps the HV, Coral Seas, HSB or there are some Thomson Hotels Jaz Mirabel Beach/Park. These will probably have more British teens.

Many hotels are Russian and Italian dominated and it's hard for then to make friends. Alternatively if you go B&B I would go for one of the hotels on the sea front at NB (Hilton F, Marriot, Jollie Ville, etc but check the reviews) or you will need to get a lot of cabs.

HTH
Doe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.