Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I didnt even know that Spain had introduced such a rule! Is it actually a Spain-wide rule, given that the costa brava is in the devolved area of Catalunya? (Bear in mind that Scotland's smoking ban that comes in this March - Roll on March :D - is different to the one in England & Wales so it might differ across Spain)

I wonder how long before a Europe wide common ban is introduced, after all, we are gonna have so many different variations across Europe pretty soon!
Thanks Cidermonster for replying , i only noticed it while browsing on the Costa Blance forum.

We are a non smoking family so not really bothered, was thinking more of them that do smoke .

Lynne
I know there's loads of discussions on the canaries forums. I'll try and find out how it affects mainland spain and of course catalunya
hi scottishmum

this link is from sanji. (costa blanca)

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=61465

irene
Well, that topic is now closed cos some smokers can't handle the truth! Shame i never got to respond properly to the inaccuracies written over there!

....and Yes, i am full of glee about a ban - if smokers had taken more responsibility over the years instead of wafting it in people's faces, then maybe it wouldnt have come to this!
Cidermonster.
You will find that the smoking topic had been running since the 1st Jan in the Costa Blanca forum ...the topic concentrating on the issue in Spain, not the rights and wrongs of smoking......until you entered it with your views, and turned it into a pro- anti smoking debate.....and therefore consequently it was locked.
My only regret is ...that I bothered to reply to you. :roll:
Well, that topic is now closed cos some smokers can't handle the truth! Shame i never got to respond properly to the inaccuracies written over there!

Please get one thing straight...I don`t write innaccuracies :twisted: and I don`t rant.!!! :evil: :roll:
should you wish to continue the point, please do so on the board, not by sending me a pm.

sanji
Your inaccuracies are that suddenly now that smoking bans are threatened, smokers rights are being threatened, but in the sentence previous you were on about the choice of people like me, who do not like smoking, not to go into such bars!

Erm, isnt that a bit of a contradiction? I, as someone who would like to experience a smoke-free atmosphere, seemingly has no rights, i just have a personal choice to make, but somehow, smokers now have rights to object to the proposed bans? Why do you now have rights whereas i had a personal choice? You now have the exact same personal choice i did - go in to the pub but dont smoke, or stay outside - how is that ANY DIFFERENT? I think you will find anyway, that most of these bans are in place to cut out future lawsuits from people forced to work in smoky atmospheres ... or wait a minute, is that just personal choice too? :roll:

Look beyond the cloud in front of you! As i said im my PM to you, i have some sympathy for smokers, pity it has never ever been returned over the years! I think you will find that it wasnt my comment that got the topic locked, probably the following ones...
but in the sentence previous you were on about the choice of people like me, who do not like smoking, not to go into such bars!

No, I did not :twisted: I said people like you have a choice whether to go in a smoking or a non-smoking bar....read it.
I won`t rise to the bait twice. :wink:
This thread will get locked. :evil: ..so I`m out of here. :roll:
That may have been the gist of what you were trying to say, but not how you worded it ... I 'may' have the choice, but im not gonna go into a smoking bar, so therefore we both have the same choice, don't we? Anyway, no point continuing this, as it will more than likely just be locked now, probably the best idea, and oh... i was quite pleased to read your post saying that you are the kind of person that doesnt light up in restaurants, etc ... i think those are the kind of people you need to look towards to thank for the bans being put in place!! :wink:
Topic closed

David
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.